Frigidaire Refrigerators - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Ice maker only produces crushed ice no cubes
Good Afternoon Gerald, thank you for your post!
I see that your Frigidaire refrigerator is only dispensing crushed ice not cubed ice. Your solenoid (which tells the dispenser crushed or cubed) might be frozen. You can defrost the solenoid by disabling power from it for at least one hour and then restoring power. If you continue to experience this issue you may need to have the solenoid replaced or the control panel and I would suggest having a professional technician out for proper repairs. Good luck with your refrigerator! -Matt
on Jan 13, 2019
What does the error code 5y EF mean on my Frigidaire refrigerator
Good Morning Friend,
I understand you are receiving an "SY EF" code on your Frigidaire refrigerator, model# FRS3R5EMB. The "SY EF" code stands for system error with the evaporator fan. This possibly means that there is something going on with your evaporator fan or it could possibly be a false error code. . I suggest resetting your appliance, by either unplugging it or shutting the power off at your home's circuit breaker, for 3-5 minutes. I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully.
on Dec 14, 2018
5b error code
Good Afternoon Friend,
I understand that your Frigidaire refrigerator displays an Sb on your panel. If the numbers are showing Sb, this tells me it is in the Sabbath mode. To get out of this mode you will need to press and hold the down arrow on the freezer side and the up arrow on the refrigerator side simultaneously for 5-10 seconds. If this does not work, I suggest resetting your appliance. You can do this by either unplugging it or shutting the power off at your home's circuit breaker, for 3-5 minutes. Restore power and check the control panel as well as the ice dispenser and lights. I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your refrigerator status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
on Dec 10, 2018
5y CE code on frigidaire refrigerator water/ice dispenser
- SY CE Error Codes is a very common issue : the display board isn't communicating with the main PCB.
- Unfortunately, there is no way to test which board is causing the problem. That's why this error can be costly.
- Try to just unplug the refrigerator for 15 minutes and plug it back in to see if the error goes away.
- If the issue doesn't go away, then you'll need to replace one or two boards.
- Usually the Main Control Board under the refrigerator behind the kick panel is the part that tends to fail.
- If you Change the Main Board, it does not work; you gonna have to replace the Display Board.
- Try buying these board at an online store that accept Returns without conditions up to a year. Go online and put the boards number into any major search engine. Put the # one by one. You will find many sellers. Carefully pick one and do you homework
Good luck and keep me posted please,
on Dec 05, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?