Question about Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Passport size photo print now problem magenta color missing
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi i'm a printer Technician
The problem of your printer could be that the surface of the printhead is dirty, and the Cleaning pad/tab doesn't work so good..
Here's a guide i wrote that I done multiple times on my customers printers:
1. Power on the printer, and when the carriage moves from the right to the left side instantly disconnect the power cord.
2. Move the Printer carriage (where the cartridges are installed) on the EXTREME LEFT side, please do it very slowly!
3. Take a syringe of hot water but not boiling, MAX. 70-75 °C
4. Expect the extreme right side of the printhead.. You could be able to see a little squared pad, dirty of ink, and on the left side of that PAD you could see a little rubber strip.
5. Take a tissue of paper and dab the furface of the Cleaner Pad (The squared pad you seen)
6. Take a new tissue of paper and place on it some hot water
7. Without burning your hands try to clean as soon as possible the rubber strip on the right part of the Pad.
It would be completely without ink on it
8. Take the hot water syringe and place some hot water on the Cleaner Pad (the amount of water is proportionate to the printer, you have to place water until you see that the surface of the pad is COMPLETELY full of water.
9. Gently move the carriage VERY SLOWLY on the extreme right side of the printer (where there's the Cleaning Pad)
10. Leave the printer like so for 3-5 hours, then restart the printer and do 2-3 cleaning cycles, better with a brand new black cartridge
11. Do a test print (Nozzle Check) and see if there are some changes!
Hope the Best!!
ADCSFXworks Printing Center
Posted on Nov 28, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
did you clean the communication ports , where the cartridges "talk" to the printer, the ports can get covered with paper dust and erronus signals can cause the printer to activate the magenta cartridge causing your problem. reomve the cartridges and Gently clean the comm ports with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol let dry then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2010 | HP LaserJet CM1017 MFP All-In-One Color...
Dec 24, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3000n Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 21, 2009 | Canon i860 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 26, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP6600D InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 30, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 06, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i9950 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 24, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: