Question about Uniden TRU8866 Cordless Phone
I bought a refurbished tcx905-s which came with two handsets but thinks it has three. I need a way to deregister the missing #1 handset so that I can see handsets #1 and #2 instead of handsets #2 and #3. It's no major dilemma but it's driving me nuts!
To de-register HANDSET #1:
1) Grab any working handset which is registered to your base (so HANDSET #2 or #3 in your case)
2) Press and hold the "END" + "#" key for 5+ seconds (wait for it to beep)
3) Choose the "Deregister HS" menu option
4) Pick HANDSET #1 as the handset ot de-register (since that's the "phantom" registered handset)
5) Once de-registered, you can de-register handsets #2 and #3 directly from each handset's "normal" menu interface (i.e. press "Menu", choose "Deregistration")
6) Thereafter, if you re-register your handset, they should start at HANDSET #1, then #2, and so on.
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | Vtech DS6101 19 GHz Cordless Phone
Jan 16, 2011 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset...
May 29, 2010 | Vtech Cordless 6041 Phone
Oct 03, 2009 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset...
Jun 14, 2009 | Uniden 5.8GHz Dual Cordless Phone
May 08, 2009 | Uniden TRU8866 Cordless Phone
Mar 10, 2008 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset...
Nov 05, 2007 | Panasonic KX-TG6074B Phone
Oct 11, 2007 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Expansion Handset
Sep 18, 2017 | Uniden TRU8866 Cordless Phone
1,900 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!