Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook - Answered Questions & Fixed issues
this will do it
power off the g4
power on the g4, then press and keep holding the touchpad button
and also the eject button for about 5 minutes. then it will eject it.
dont use that dvd again. not compatible with your laptop
on Nov 06, 2019
White screen and small question mark inside a folder
This means that the operating system cannot find the file system. Generally this is a sign that the hard drive has failed. The first thing I would try would be to boot from the OS X install disc and see if it can locate the drive to reinstall the operating system. If it can, you may be able to fix it that way. If it can't, likely the drive has failed and needs to be replaced.
FYI if the drive is 'almost' failed, I have had success with taking it out and putting it in the freezer for a few hours, then back into the computer. It may work for long enough to allow you to back up anything you are missing.
on Mar 18, 2016
Lg smart tv
G$ powerbook will have a high-density video connector providing (usually) VGA and DVI,
All you have to do is to choose the relevant adapter and connect the two units together with a suitable lead.
on Mar 08, 2015
How to do a factory reset on ibook M6497
: Resetting the Power Manager on any PowerBook or iBook will permanently remove a RAM disk, if present, and all of its contents.
- If the computer is on, turn it off.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and release the reset button (shown here) located above the Audio/Video port on the left side of the iBook (Dual USB) computer by inserting the end of a paper clip into the small hole and gently pressing the switch once.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC power adapter.
- Put the battery back in the computer.
- Press the Power button to restart the iBook computer.
on Dec 31, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?