Ge electric oven slow to preheat
Modern ovens are much slower to preheat than older models. In some cases it is because they only use the bake (lower) element, while the older units used both the bake and the grill (upper) elements to preheat. If this is a new condition of your oven, check for malfunctioning oven element(s). A loose or intermittently non-functioning element will create a slow heat-up.
2 days ago
What kind of oil (vegtable or corn oil )
Please use blended vegetable oil, pure corn oil, sunflower oil,
soybean oil or grapeseed (canola oil) because these oils have a high
smoke point. Peanut oil is not recommended because it greatly
impacts the flavor.
• Oils should never be mixed when deep frying.
• High heat, water, and burnt food particles break down the oil’s smoke
• Replace oil if you notice:
- Excessive smoking at normal temperatures
- Strong oil discoloration
- A rancid smell
- Excessive foaming around the frying food
Thanks for using FixYa. Do rate the solution as Fixya if found helpful.
GE 168997 Deep...
3 days ago
Not finding what you are looking for?