Question about HP Compaq Motherboard
My Compaq Evo 410c blew something when it was plugged into an AC/AC transformer and didn't turn on thereafter. There was something falling about inside. I managed to open the laptop and remove the item which I originally thought to be the (or a) fuse; however, because it's a tiny coil covered/enclosed completely in glass (ca. 4-5mm X 1.5-2mm in diameter) with no contact leads what so ever, so it can't be the (or a) fuse. I have sinced googled laptop fuses and found they look entirely different. I have also searched all the laptop's circuit boards for the holder of the glass capsule and can't find where it goes. Anyone know anything -anything at all? -Thanks.
Let me read all 3 posts, why not just have one and comment to one?
symptoms for all, do nor read posts from folks telling you to find fuse clips seen in 1980s, PC, forget that. this is all SMD parts.
Posted on Apr 04, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i had a GPU issue
While opening the laptop, dust/moisture may have accumulated on the contact points to the battery, hence LED is lighting up since power is reaching till there but does not continue to the battery. Another soln is to keep the laptop operating on the battery till the battery is completely drained of charge. Remove the battery for a couple of hours & after cleaning the battery connection points replace & switch on the AC adapter & check the battery charge without using the laptop to see if the charge has gone up or not, else the battery could be a fake( or Chinese) ...........sodeep
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
There's plenty of causes why your laptop would not power up from the AC adapter and won't charge the battery. Here are some possible causes and solutions to this problem:
Number one, if it's on battery power, the battery is dead or the battery is bad and number two the AC adapter could be bad. Let's roll out number one.
1. Take out the battery, remove main supply, hold power button down for 30 seconds. This will drain the charges in your
battery. Put only power supply in, do not put battery in, turn laptop on, put the battery in.
2. If the solution in no.1 doesn't solve the problem, pull the battery out, keep the battery out of the laptop for this test.
Take your AC adapter and check the voltage with a voltmeter. What you want to test for is voltage. Put the meter at 20
volts DC and take the tip, the power jack tip of your AC power adapter. You hold the black, (the negative part) of your
voltmeter on the outside of the power jack tip of your AC adapter and you put the red (the positive part) of your voltmeter
in the hole in the inside of the power jack tip of your AC adapter. Be very careful not to touch the red and the black part of
your multimeter and the power jack tips of your AC adapter together, otherwise it will create a short circuit.
After doing these procedures, if your AC adapter is good it will output a voltage which ranges from 18 to 19V DC on your
voltmeter, depending on the voltage that puts out on your AC power adapter. If your voltmeter doesn't show any voltage,
probably your AC power adapter is bad or damaged. But if your voltmeter shows up voltage, then we have to go to the
next possible cause why your laptop won't power on.
3. The dc jack on your laptop might be bad, if the dc jack on your laptop is bad or not making a connection to the
motherboard then it look the battery is bad as well, because the battery is now not holding a charge or even taking a
charge. Also, even if your AC power adapter is good and when you insert it to the dc jack in your laptop it could not power
up the laptop because the dc jack is not making a connection to your laptop motherboard in other words the dc jack might
got loose, that's why it's not making any connection to the motherboard. The only way to solve this is that you have to
disassemble your laptop, and take the laptop motherboard out and look where the dc jack is connected. After you found it,
take a file tool and file off a spot on the motherboard where you can reattach the power jack and use a wire to reattach
the power jack to the motherboard.
Hope you find this answer helpful. God bless.
Posted on Jun 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2012 | HP Compaq Evo Notebook N1015v (470046-573)
Jun 16, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Feb 19, 2010 | Compaq EVO D510 CMT P4 2.5/20GB/256MB...
Jul 02, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
May 26, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
May 06, 2008 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Apr 05, 2008 | Compaq Evo N400C Notebook
Jan 01, 2008 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: