Question about 1997 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Hi, Carl and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
8. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2 and/or BAS).
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Nov 05, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2014 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Jul 02, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 15, 2017 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 23, 2012 | 2007 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Feb 07, 2012 | GMC Sierra Cars & Trucks
Sep 06, 2011 | 1996 Nissan Quest
Aug 18, 2011 | 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
Jan 11, 2011 | 1997 GMC Sierra
Oct 18, 2019 | Power Motorcycles
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: