Question about 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Hi , what problem are you having ? There is no such relay on a 89 Cadillac ! Could you possibly mean a ASD relay - auto shut down relay ? That component is used on Chrysler products !
Posted on Apr 21, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you need to take glove box out. It's right behind three three 7mm bolts for the plastic piece that holds it in. two 10 mm nuts that hold it to the plastic piece. Should come right out with a little finessed force.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Firing order 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8 ..............1-3-5-7 back of engine near fire wall...........2-4-6-8 front of near radiator
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
On the 1993 Sedan de Ville, The hazard flasher is easy to locate, under the dash between the steering column and the radio. Looking up, you will see the smooth round side of the flasher and the wires will be attached to the top.
The turn signal flasher is more difficult to get to, but readily accessed with a T-15 torx driver and a little patience. It is located to the left of the steering column, but is most easily accessed through the dash panel instead of from underneath.
1. remove the T-15 screw from above the headlight switch, above the fuel data center, and above the small panel similar to the one around headlight switch. All of these are somewhat hidden, and you'll need to feel for them or get low and look up at them.
2. Using a bent piece of wire or an allen wrench, or anything else handy, pull off the small trim piece that is directly below the steering column. On my car, this is wood-grained plastic. This will expose two more screws that need to be removed.
3. Now, you should be able to remove the large dash trim panel that goes around the fuel data center.
4. Unscrew the two T-15 screws that hold the fuel data center into the dash, and it should pull straight forward. There should be plenty of wire to move it out of the way.
5. The turn signal flasher is the silver can that you see to the right in the opening you just created by removing the fuel data center module. It has a single plug with two conductors on the back. I had to use a small screwdriver to pry it off.
It is a different part number, so I don't know if you can just swap it for the hazard flasher to test it like you can on many cars. I just replaced mine with a Wagner 323, which is what came out of mine.
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
The knock sensor is located under the intake manifold.The starter is also located under the intake manifold.Hope this helps.Good luck.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
Testimonial: "it was helpful informations,appreciate that."
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2016 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2015 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Jul 30, 2014 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Aug 23, 2010 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Apr 21, 2010 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Dec 30, 2009 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
May 26, 2009 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Mar 28, 2009 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Jun 21, 2008 | 1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: