Question about Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
If the case back is clear one of the easiest ways to tell if the watch is a fake. If the case back is engraved this is another way you can if the watch is not real. Click on this link below and view the page to learn more about the differences between "real" and "fake" Rolex watches:
Posted on Dec 25, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1992 daytona rolex. how do
There will usually be an engraving on the caseback identifying it as such. Also, you may contact Rolex with the serial number to confirm if a previous owner of the timepiece was such.
Posted on Jan 19, 2011
SOURCE: I have a rolex that
Thank you for contacting FixYa.
1. Rolex watches don't tick! An immediate way to tell if a Rolex is authentic is to listen to it. If it's ticking, it's definitely a fake!
2. Genuine Rolexes are made from very sturdy materials. For this reason, they are going to feel heavy in your hand. Your fakes are constructed from cheap, less-durable materials, and because of this, are usually very light. A real Rolex will have bands that are full and solid. Knock-offs will usually have links that are hollow, which is why they weigh so very little.
3. Rolexes have a smooth and continuous second hand movement. Another way to tell if a Rolex is authentic is if the second hand jerks as it travels around the face. If it does, it's a textbook fake.
4. Rolexes have a crystal bubble called a "Cyclops Magnification Bubble." This crystal bubble magnifies the date 2.5 times. Your fakes will usually be off-center and made of glass, and only offer 1.5 times the magnification.
5. Another sure way to tell is to look at the lettering and numbers. If you look at these with a jeweler's loupe, every line and edge will be perfect and precise. On a fake, the lettering edges will not be clean. Serial numbers and case numbers will often look as though they were sand-blasted, or will not be etched cleanly into the surface. Any imperfection will tell you right away if the Rolex is authentic.
6. All Rolexes feature a hologram sticker on the back. This sticker features the Rolex Crown and case reference number. Counterfeits will have the sticker, but it will not be holographic.
7. Certain models of Rolexes have an extra seal called a "Triplock Crown Seal." This feature is common to your Daytona and Submariner models and is found between the winding tube's threads. It will be missing on all of your replicas.
8. Rolexes have a micro-etched crown. Etched into the crystal just below the 6 o'clock position is a tiny crown. The mark is so small that it can only be seen under magnification. The detail on this micro-etching is perfect, making it impossible for the imitations to duplicate.
9. Knock-offs will usually have a glass, or "skeleton" case back. Genuine Rolexes will never have a clear or see-through case back. This should be a dead giveaway and will immediately tell you if the Rolex is authentic.
10. Rolexes have a face that is composed of sapphire crystal. Faux watches will usually use regular glass instead. Because of the extremely smooth surface, water dropped onto the sapphire crystal face of a true Rolex will always bead up. On a fake, the water will simply spread across the face and will not bead up.
Best regards. Jewel
Posted on Sep 16, 2010
This is one sign it maybe real. Everything from the solid headpieces, double steel pins, crew together band, gas relief valve, etc. can be signs that this is a real Rolex. Your best bet is always to go to a Rolex dealer or qualified watch maker/technician for an inspection. Good luck!
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | Rolex Watches
Dec 29, 2013 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Dec 01, 2013 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Aug 26, 2012 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Aug 03, 2012 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Sep 18, 2011 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
May 19, 2011 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Sep 20, 2009 | Rolex Daytona 116520 Wrist Watch
Jun 12, 2009 | Rolex Daytona 116528 Wrist Watch
26,831 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: