Question about Bunn Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have the same problem but if you take a paper towel and clean the grounds from the top each time it helps. Cleaning around the little point that pierces the cup. It helps but doesn't completely eliminate the problem.
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: Brewed coffee mess
You may be grinding the coffee to fine making the draining a little slower. There's something called a fast flow filter that may help also. Also, make sure that you aren't jamming the filter down to partially block the drain hole ensuring that it is freely draining out unobstructed
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Note: Some coffee makers define as little as 5 oz as a cup.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
SOURCE: Coffee grounds overflow
An overflow can occur when using certain brands of coffee that are finer ground or using a water softener, bottled water, reverse osmosis, or filtered water. If you will call Bunn Customer Service, you can get a flow restrictor sprayhead which will eliminate this issue.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Are you using a finer ground coffee? Or do you have a water softener, use filtered water or bottled water? If so, please call customer service to get a flow restrictor sprayhead which will eliminate this issue.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2016 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Apr 14, 2015 | Conair Cuisinart DTC-975 12-Cup...
Jan 12, 2015 | Bunn Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jan 29, 2018 | Bunn My Cafe MCU Universal 4-in-1 Single...
Jun 20, 2010 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Dec 07, 2009 | Bunn NHB Coffee Maker
Nov 01, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Oct 09, 2009 | Bunn GRX-B Original 10-Cup Home Coffee...
Aug 13, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Jul 07, 2019 | Bunn Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: