Question about Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Does not seem to have a function to rip cds and my webcam does not work and i tried to install drivers but still would not help also its not listed in the computer hardware list
Re the Ripping problem, for Win7:
To rip music from an audio CD
Posted on Mar 12, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try physically removing the player and fire up the laptop. Power down the laptop, replace the player and power back up. If that doesn't help, see if BIOS recognizes it.
If that doesn't work, get back to me.
Posted on Nov 09, 2007
SOURCE: Gateway 450rog Audio problem
I have just re-imaged a Gateway 450 ROG for a friend of mine on the website the audio driver is found (http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn¶m=3501353) under the heading Sound Downloads. This unzips a list of files C:\cabs\9520522
stac97(control panel extension)
stac97 (setup information)
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance.
3. In Performance and Maintenance, click the System icon.
4. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
5. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to Other Devices, and then double-click Multimedia Audio Controller.
6. In the Multimedia Audio Controller Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
7. In the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, click Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
8. In the next dialog box, click Search for the best driver in these locations, and then click Include this location in the search.
9. In the text box, type: C:\CABS\9520522. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
Now once installed sound only comes from using the headphone jack, the external speakers get a little sound if the volume is turned up to maximum.
Hope this helps
Orvell Tucker Jr.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
If no devices for the webcam are showing in device manager, and you can't trigger it to be detected, the camera hardware may be dead. One good way to test this would be to back up all your important files to an external hard drive (or your d: partition-acerdata) and perform an acer factory restore by pressing alt+F10 at startup time. Alternately, you could use your discs that came with the laptop, or make a set using the e-recovery management console. The d: partition is not affected by a factory restore. This will tell you if the camera is dead. If it still won't respond after a factory restore, contact acer for warranty service. Acer will likely insist you do the system restore first though.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 Notebook
May 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2011 | Hitachi DMP-7 MP3 Player
Mar 08, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa c250 (2 GB) MP3 Player...
Jul 22, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Aug 13, 2008 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: