Vivitar Cameras - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
The s/n that i have
- 100/3.5 Macro, serial number 218434
- 135 mm f2.3 Series 1, serial number 2826606
- 19mm/38 lens for Contax/Yashica, serial number 94061957
- 28/2.8 lens, serial number 282 404 68
- 283, serial number 0032418 (PACK BATTERY)
- 283, no serial number provided
- 283, flash, no serial number provided
- 5600 Autothryistor TTL flash w/ Minolta module & standard head, serial number unknown
- 60 -300 AF zoom, serial number 77900979
- 70-210mm f3.5 series 1 f/Pentax, serial number 22002890
- 90-180 f:4.5 Series 1 Flat Field Zoom, serial number 3517730
- FD fit 19mm f3.8 lens, serial number 93110044
- FD fit 70-210 macro zoom Series II, serial number 09811287
- Series 1 28-90 for Canon FD, serial number 28612541
on Oct 20, 2019
Theres no sound on my vivitar camera how do i get sound?
The reason you get no sound on playback of videos is that this camera has no Microphone. This is one of the most disappointing features of the camera as whilst it has video capability it has no ability to record Audio.
Vivitar have omitted this feature on several models to keep costs down and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it in terms of adding audio.
If you have a video editing program on your computer you may be able to add a voice over or a soundtrack to the video by using this method but no original audio can be recorded.
Hope this clarifies the issue. Thanks for using FixYa.
on Oct 03, 2019
Insert Batteries Where on Vivitar VimiCam X014N?
Do you mean the Vivitar ViviCam X014N? If so, the battery compartment is on the right hand side as you look back of the camera with the view screen and menu buttons. The cover on the battery compartment will rotate up from the bottom of the camera when opened. This is shown in the manual although it isn't completely clear. The current link to the manual for the ViviCam X014 is http://www.vivitar.com/files_products/445/ViviCam_X014_Camera_Manual.pdf
. See pages 3-4 for the pictures of the battery compartment location. Note: the N suffix refers to the case color. The manual applies to any ViviCam X014.
I hope this helps.
on Sep 01, 2019
What does MSDC mean everytime I plug the camera
The MSDC error is to do with the memory card having bad sectors or has become corrupt.
Basically you have to reformat the card to get it working or take the card out of the camera and put it in a card reader and see if you can get the computer to recognize the card that way.
on Jul 17, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?