Sony Walkman - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
No songs available for playback
Ok what I did was,
1) Reset Player
2) Reformat (you WILL loose all you files) Setting->common settings->format (which is at the bottom of the list)
3) Made sure I had the lastest firmwear by going to Settings->Common Settings->Unit Information. The latest firmwear is version 1.03. If yours is not, google it and download it from Sony website.
4) Download Sonic Stage which is Sonys, transfer software from a trusted location. My versions is 4.3. Once you install you have to restart you computer. When you first start the software it will ask you if you want to Scan your computer first music or added it yourself. I let it scan.
5) Then simply plug in you player and transfer you files by drag and drop or right click drop down menu.
Sony Walkman ...
on Aug 22, 2019
IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET VIDEOS ON 4EVER!!!!
This player accepts MP4, not WMV. Here's what you want to do:
First, try the Sony
Media Manager - it is available for free from Sony's website if you have lost your installation CD
If the Media Manager won't recognize FLV, download a free program called Riva FLV Encoder
. Convert the FLV files to AVI.
Once the videos are converted to AVI, use the Sony Media Manager to convert the videos to MPEG-4, and they will now be usable by your Walkman
on Jul 26, 2019
How do I load a dvd onto my walkman.
First off get the arcsoft media converter 3, then drag and drop the videos you want to get on your mp3 player into the program, after it converts it loads them onto your mp3 player as long as it?s connected, this program will also allow you to download YouTube videos and put them on your mp3 player too.
on Jun 11, 2019
Boot Error Shutting Down Sony NWD-B103
Had a similar problem with the B103F. Not sure it will work for the non F version.
Goto Sony's support site at http://www.sony-asia.com/section/support.
Search model - NWD-B103F (non F is not listed)
Look at the "latest downloads" and select the "firmware update program". (alternately you could first select the "download" section and then select the model.)
Run (without the unit plugged) and when asked plug the unit. To be on the safe side, ask it also to format the data section.
When finished, the unit should be OK.
on May 22, 2019
I accidentally deleted the PICTURES
There is a way to you may get back those deleted picture files
from your MP3 MP, BUT it is just possible. Because if those deleted files has been overwritten by new files you saved in, then there is no hope. However usually overwritten cases are hard to happen as long as your MP3 has enough volume.
Then, take so called data recovery program to handle the issue and see if you can grab some or all of the deleted files back. Have a try of Wondershare Photo Recovery
. with both Windows and Mac versions provided.
If you are running Windows
, go to video photo recovery program
If you are using Mac OS X
, turn to Mac photo video recover software
You should take care
- before your files are recovered, do not save more files to your MP3 in case overwritten situation will happen.
on May 18, 2019
Sony Walkman SUDDENLY won't connect to my computer
What you can try doing is to uninstall the driver that the computer has installed for it. To do this, right click on My Computer/Computer (depending on your OS it has different names) click properties, and then manage. Once that opens, on the left menu, select Device Manager. From there, plug in your MP3 player, double click to get to its properties, and then uninstall it. restart your computer, and hopefully that should fix it so you can get into it and format it. If you have any problems, repost and i can try helping you more.
on Apr 13, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?