Google Computers & Internet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I cannot configure my gmail account with outlook
To use your Gmail e-mail account in Outlook, you must first make sure POP3 support is enabled in Gmail, and then you can add it to Outlook.
Do not select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- At the top of any Gmail page, click Settings.
- In the Mail Settings window, click Forwarding and POP.
- In the POP Download section, select Enable POP or all mail or Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on.
- Click Save Settings.
- In Outlook, on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Click POP3, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, do the following:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @gmail.com.
- Under Server Information, do the following:
- In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop.gmail.com.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.Gmail.com.
- Under Logon Information, do the following:
- In the User Name box, type your full e-mail address, including @gmail.com.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- Select the Remember password check box.
Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer.
- Click More Settings.
- On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Gmail.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Server Port Numbers for both Incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP), select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check boxes.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 465.
The Incoming server (POP3) port number should change automatically to 995 when you select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
- Click OK.
- To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Click Next, and then click Finish
20 hours ago
Android needs a different vcf config. than for other mobile OS ,u can find proffesional help from android forums
on Jan 13, 2020
Android white screen to blank
not really enough information, however I've had some android screen issues lately. I rebooted it and then uninstalled some of the programs as it was running VERY slow. So far that has seemed to do the trick.
on Jan 13, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?