American Standard Plumbing - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals

Download the BILT app and search for your faucet model. The icon is turquoise with a white nut ( as in nut and bolt).
It will show you step by step nearly everything under the sun. Hope that helps a bit.

American... | 45 views | 1 helpful votes

No, sorry but if it used to work it is unlikely to fail so soon. Check the hot water supply first.

American... | 114 views | 0 helpful votes

The faucet may have gotten clogged during the changeover process but it could simply be defective.

American... | 445 views | 0 helpful votes

mixing valve and ceramic washers are defective. American Standard is not what it used to be. Parts are substandard and imported from china. Get yourself a Glacier Bay, and contact American Standard and demand your money back or a credit.

American... | 326 views | 0 helpful votes

go to a plumbing store and ask them what needs done. or check at local library for a manual to read on plumbing . were it my daughter she would call and ask me for help and of course I would go .

American... | 949 views | 0 helpful votes

possibly needs new seals in it .

American... | 511 views | 0 helpful votes

Did you replace or reface the seat (the surface in the bottom of the faucet body where the stem's washer "seats" itself to shut off the flow of water? There are special tools for removing the old seats and installing new ones (available from professional plumbing suppliers), or you may be able to renew the seat's surface with a special tool called a seat surfacer.

American... | 131 views | 0 helpful votes

I would check with my LOCAL plumbing supply house .

American... | 65 views | 0 helpful votes

If by push pull you mean there is a knob and rod that you use to raise and lower the plug. Look under the sink for a rod extending perpendicular to pipe it will be about 8" long and attach to a linking bar below he push pull rod. Typically there is a small retaining nut that seats around a ball seal on this rod that secures it to the tail piece dropping from sink. Unscrew the retaining nut, slide the rod out and then lift out the plug. You will notice a ring on lower end of the plug piece that you will need to insert the rod thru when reassembling. If you are referring to a fixed twist and drop plug Open it and there will be a set screw on a flat face in the stem portion under the cap. It's usually small straight slot screw but may also be a hex head slot Loosen that screw and the plug will lift off a center peg in the drain assembly.

American... | 89 views | 0 helpful votes

I would google it . Or look on u tube

American... | 71 views | 0 helpful votes

My best advice
is to believe everything you just experienced...
(Perhaps an UNSEEN flaw in the "MONOBLOCK")

Buy the replacement faucet... shop around:
I spotted it on eBay... (number not close...)
((but still reasonably priced)).

American Standard 1480 101 002 Seva Single Control Lavatory Faucet with...

Also went to eFaucets (but their site was stunned
(normally GOOD resource... ))

eBay (concierge... buyer protected... FREE ship'n)
American Standard 1480 150 002 Seva Monoblock Single Lever Handle Lavatory...

Save the old one (parts)and DIAGNOSE
it in your SPARE TIME...

Hope this helps

Carnac the Magnificent

American... | 384 views | 0 helpful votes

you have to access the lower control the switch should be an air type one it uses air pressure from pushing in the button they some times crack ,dislodge or damaged and will not turn on or off unit also switch can fail

American... | 1,023 views | 0 helpful votes

tighten the retain nut mounted under sink.

American... | 839 views | 0 helpful votes

As this is the A-S ceramic cartridge that installs with three screws, then I suggest you either buy the original part, or just get a new faucet. The three screw type is notoriously difficult to seal properly because of the design. If you do replace it, I recommend Moen single handle. It's basic cartridge has a lifetime warranty against dripping, and is super simple to change out. Good luck!

American... | 368 views | 0 helpful votes

I have had this for no reason it smelt as you say The only thing is you may have disturbed the pipes Odd I know drives you mad , As you say a softener would do the trick . or maybe if your on a well , A well flush but they cost .

American... | 773 views | 0 helpful votes

The A-S single lever kitch faucet is terrible. If it is the one I think it is, then it has three screws that mount the cartridge down into the faucet body.If these are not torqued perfectly evenly, the faucet leaks. I suggest getting a Moen to replace it.

American... | 111 views | 0 helpful votes

common porblem

looks like a long thread at its base ..
might be able to tighten up the slack

American Standard 4005SSF Fairbury Kitchen Faucet Parts

American... | 438 views | 0 helpful votes

Remove the cap and tighten Philips head screw.

American... | 164 views | 0 helpful votes

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard Logo

485 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Thomas F. Schneider

Level 3 Expert

2715 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

22486 Answers

Fahr Quad

Level 3 Expert

752 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides