Question about D-Link DP 301P (DP-301P) Print Server
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: documents not printing
Thanks. My laptop can see the print server, as I see all my documents in the queue. (and I can also successfully ping the print server). It appears the HP LaserJet 1020 is just not supported... Looks like a return is in my future. Thanks. Digger
Posted on May 31, 2007
This print server is a problem child. Lack of sufficient buffer memory and every ever-so-slight voltage change causes this print server to die. DLink has NO good print servers as far as I'm concerned. You should replace the "other" remaining print server as soon as possible, unless you get paid for the onsite call. I've had experience with this unit. My last experience with it, though, was when I unpinched the unit from between my thumb and forefinger over a garbage can. ZT3000 "Beta tester of "0"s and "1's"
Posted on Aug 21, 2007
I was having the same problem when I added a Windows Vista PC to my home network. My older XP systems workd fine, but the Vista system would keep printing. The following fix worked forme in vista, may work in XP also.
1. First, be sure you have the latest firmware in your DPR1260. Version 1.24 is what I am using.
2. From the printer window (or via controlm panel) select your printer, then select Properties (either right click, or from the menu via File-Properties)
3. In the Properties Window, select the Ports tab. You should see your printer highlighted and checked, under the port heading next to thcheck box you'll see IP_192.168.x.x, under descriptio Standard TCP/IP Port, and undr Printer, the name of your printer.
4. Click the "Configure Port" button, be sure "LPR" is selected, not "RAW". Under LPR Settings, check that the "Queue Name" matches that in our DPR1260 status screen, and be sure SNMP Status Enabled is not checked.
The problem on my Vista machine went away when I changed from "RAW" to "LPR" settings.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
SOURCE: HP LaserJet 1018 & DP-G310
Best regards to STAAK PL
His solution worked for me
I have a D-link DP-G321 wireless printserver and a HP LaserJet 1018. In the print server compatibility list 1022 was compatible but not 1018 so i tried a lot of things...and i`m so happy that i saved my boss from paying a bad choice when ordering the print server. thank you very much
STAAK PL wrote "
1. Connections and installation for printserver and printer should be made according printserver manual
2. If everything is OK (only wireless connection between printserver and acces point) lamps >power< and >wlan< on printserver should be lighting
3. during sending anything to the printer lamp >usb< on the printserver should flashing
... but printer still doesn't print because......there's no "operating sytem" inside printer
After swiching power on for printer, first printig session have to be make ALWAYS directly from PC via USB. During this operation (you can print only one dot < . >) printer recive "operating sytem" and printing data.
After that you can reconect usb cable from pc to printserver and everything should work."
you will need to set the port from usb virtual to the port you created using tcp / ip port (accoding to your instruction manual)
sorry for my bad english
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
SOURCE: hp 1020 dp-300u
I have one of theses D-Link PD-301U. It does NOT support a printer like yours. According to D-Link's Web site, here are the HP Laser printers it supports (note the P1020 is NOT in the list):
Posted on May 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2014 | ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101A1 Tablet...
Nov 21, 2012 | HP Psc 1350 All In One Printer Scanner...
Dec 03, 2010 | SEH TECHNOLOGY InterCon ...
Apr 27, 2009 | Monarch 9403 Thermal Label Printer
Dec 09, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1320n Printer
Aug 06, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER C3200 Copier
Nov 08, 2007 | OKI MICROLINE 320 Turbo Matrix Printer
Oct 06, 2007 | Canon imageRUNNER 5570 Copier
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!