Question about Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
This is for if the lines are thin and arc.
You need to turn down the screen voltage for the blue and red CRT. I don't remember if the focus block is in the front or in the back of the tv on this model. Most projections have them in the front.
You could check the back access panel and look for a black box with six knobs as descibed in step 3 below. This is what you are looking for.
follow the steps below if it is located in the front:
1) Remove the front grill
2) There should be access panel you need to remove once you remove the front grill. This is where the screen voltage adjustment is located
3) Look for a small black box with six knobs on it. One row is for "Focus" and one row is for "screen". It will be marked, but probably need a flashlight to see which row it is. There will be a "R", "G" and "B" next to each knob to represent Red, Green Blue respectively.
4) Careful with the access panel removed, you are only inches away from very dangerous voltages.
5) slowly turn the R or B knob counterclockwise until the lines on the screen disappear.
Keep your hands away from everything else and only use one hand near the tv. put the other hand behind your back.
6) Once corrected, replace the panel and put the grill cover back on.
Posted on Feb 20, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
Jan 01, 2010 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
Nov 26, 2008 | Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection...
Aug 19, 2008 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
Jun 22, 2008 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...
Dec 28, 2007 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
Dec 12, 2017 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
May 24, 2017 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
561 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!