Question about LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading SteamWasher
This is caused by the "Fabric Softer" removable tray inside the drawer getting stuck in the top of the drawer cabinet.
1. Unplug machine
2. Remove four sheet metal screws and plastic plates from top of back of machine that hold the "lid" on (perhaps yours is different and only has two screws, but that's your world :) )
3. With the palm of either hand hit the both sides of the lid of the machine at about a 45 degree angle towards the back of the machine until the lid slides back about 4 inches
4. Gently remove lid (will lift off easily if you've freed it correctly)
5. On left you'll see a white box which is the cabinet for the drawer. Carefull pull the black wire from it's retainers
6. Lift up the three clips on the right side of the cabinet that hold it together
7. In the back of the cabinet, grab ahold of the plastic piece that doesn't have a hose attached (unless yours does, in which case figure it out yourself :) ) and gently pull up until you can see the cabinet coming apart in the back.
8. When you have enough clearence push a screwdriver through the opening you've created while lifting on the back of the cabinet apart, and PRESTO! The drawer will pop out.
This will happen everytime from now on if you do not remove the the "fabric softner" tray from the drawer. It is a design flaw that will happen to all models eventually. If you must have that little tray, then find a solution that works and post a follow up here (I imagine it will involve a bench grinder :) )
HAPPY WASHING AND BUY AMERICAN!!!
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
After you have the drawer freed up, take the small blue plastic cover of the fabric softener tray and file or grind a 45 degree bevel across the top leading edge of the blue plastic cover and you can then put it back in place and not have the trouble of it catching on the top of the drawer enclosure. The bevel will cause it to move down when it strikes the plastic rib it formerly caught on.
Posted on Dec 26, 2008
I have an LG TROMM WM2016W I accidentally dropped a lid into the detergent spot in the drawer and can not get it out. How do I remove the drawer ?
Posted on May 16, 2010
The disassembly was just as Pagentegan described. For me hand filing the edge of the softener insert did the trick and I am not having any more problems with it. I attaching pictures to show how much i filed it.
Posted on Mar 18, 2015
Great instructions on disassembly. Thanks. The fix solution, however goes to my wife. She is a genius. It's soap scum on the bottom of the fabric softener lip which will " eventually get us all because it builds up over time and prevents the lid from seating properly. Clean the groove in the bottom of the lid with some hot water and an old toothbrush and you're good to go.
Posted on Jul 26, 2013
Try taking off the lid, maybe you can bang it down or jiggle it loose. 2 screws on the back and slide the lid backwards, unplug unit first.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
I was able to fix mine as described above
Uncrewed back , slid cover back and took off. I only needed to loosen the tabs on the detergent housing to get my door open. I washed out all the drawer inserts and left out the bleach cup in my case.
Posted on Jun 08, 2016
Do what I did....take the softer tray OUT and start using DRYER SHEETS. LOL
Posted on May 03, 2016
I followed previous instructions to remove the top of the washer. Then removed the black wire harness on the right side of the dispenser cover. I un-clipped the 3 tabs on the right side and lifted the back right corner. I could not see any evidence of the blue covers catching so my solution was to cut up a plastic milk jug and take to small squares of plastic ( 1 inch square) I put them together and folded them in half. I then lifted up that back right corner and slid the folded plastic peices in between the dispenser cover lid and body. This shim creates just enough lift that the dispenser now slides in and out freely.
Posted on Sep 26, 2015
Pagantegan's fix did the trick for me. I also beveled the leading edge of the softener tray just as Joel Olson posted. I did find an additional factor that was making my problem -- the "nozzle" on the blue cover was too loose, which was allowing the plate pop up and stick.
My fix -- on the white nozzle on the tray, there are 3 "fins" that come off the nozzle (I guess they're offsets to keep that area open for the water to drain out correctly). I used a hot glue gun (yes, a hot glue gun) and added a little bit of rubber to just one of the fins to build it out more. I let it cool before I tried the cover -- I didn't want to glue it down, just make it fit tighter. I thought I would have to add rubber to each of the 3 fins, but it turned out that adding it to just one of them did the trick.
Now the fit is snug but the cover is removable, and the beveled edge of the cover plate rides under whatever it was snagging on inside. Thanks to all contributors for saving me several hundred dollars!
Posted on Aug 18, 2015
Was helpful, however, my washer and dryer are stacked. And I can't move them.
Posted on Apr 08, 2014
SOURCE: LG TROMM WM2277HW Problem:
Try and disassemble the dispenser & check the wiring to the dispenser housing--
1. Disassemble the top plate assembly(Unscrew 2 screws on the back of the top plate).
2. Pull out the drawer.
3. Push out the DISPENSER ASSEMBLY after unscrew 2 screws.
4. Unscrew the nut at the lower part of the dispenser.
5. Disassemble the 4 connectors from the valves--
Blue Housing (OR-BK)
White Housing (WH-BK)
Blue Housing (GY-BK)
Red Housing (BL-BK)
6. Unscrew 2 screws from the back of the cabinet.
Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Posted on Jan 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2014 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Jul 27, 2014 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Nov 04, 2012 | LG WM2688H Front Load Washer
Mar 22, 2010 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Nov 16, 2009 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Aug 09, 2008 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
22,819 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!