Question about Audio Players & Recorders
This is a memory problem and to solve this connect your mp3 player to your computer,your computer will recognize the new device
Open your device from the computer and delete some files that are not really needed till you have at least 20MB free space or more then disconnect your device and power it on
Do not always exhaust all your player memory,leave a little space for the player booting and working
Posted on Sep 03, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 18, 2012 | Thomson Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 28, 2011 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Mar 02, 2011 | RCA Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 10, 2011 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Nov 18, 2010 | RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player
Nov 05, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Jan 25, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Aug 11, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 11, 2019 | Durabrand Audio Players & Recorders
314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!