Question about Maytag Dryers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i am a retired engineer of 20 years, and its about a year since i worked on combination washer/dryers but if the heater elements fine and power comes from timer there must be cut out somewhere around where it should warm up, look all round the machine one may be hidden or hard to spot there maybe about 3 one of them one of them could be a trigger device (you can press a button to reset it) that style is a very small cube about the size of a sugar lump with2 spades on it, others look like a small flat oval or round shape the size of a five pence piece with 2 spade wires on them, remove the plug from wall and remove these spades and check the contacts for continuity, you need not remove from machine to do so, no circuit + no heat, replacement item not expensive, thats where to start based on the information given, check the sensors you mention again, it sounds like your so close, good luck and work safe
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
I would think that:
Low voltage. A lack of proper voltage increases the current flow (amps) and can cause overheating, thus, a burnt wire. Remember, the lower the voltage, the higher the amps.
Bad connection. Poor connections can cause small amounts of arcing, thus burning the connection. This adds resistance to the circuit which causes a possible voltage drop and, again overheating due to higher amps.
Since all that equipment is on the same circuit, I would really think it is a voltage drop situation. With everything calling for power at the same time, the breaker trips. In some cases, it may be just enough for the breaker not to trip but still have a low voltage situation.
There is the possibility of an over current, such as a power spike from the power company but it would have to happen more than just a time or two.
And the outside chance that lighting got into the system when it struck something close to you home but it, in almost every case, would destroy something else, usually electronic. (This has happened to me. Trashed my dryer, dishwasher, and answering machine.)
Good luck and hope this helps. Le me know how you come out.
Posted on May 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2013 | Maytag MEDC200XW Dryer
Sep 22, 2011 | Frigidaire FER211A Electric Dryer
Mar 11, 2011 | Maytag Dryers
Jul 14, 2010 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
May 21, 2017 | Whirlpool Dryers
Feb 12, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Aug 31, 2009 | Maytag MDE6657BY Electric Dryer
Aug 17, 2009 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
Jul 05, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MDE7400AY Electric Dryer
Jun 21, 2008 | Maytag Dryers
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!