Question about GE Ovens
My oven is about 7 years old touch pad is not working at all , the screen is on but not responding , beeps every 25 seconds
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Usually the knob type controls uses the bulb for temperature regulation. There is usually only one adjustment available - otherwise the thermostat has to be replaced. - that dial with the temperature graduations on it. the whole unit - the bulb in the oven is connected to it.
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
Usually, the F1 means that either the touch pad or the oven control (also called
clock or ERC) is defective and needs to be replaced. If this fault code
cannot be canceled, replace the oven control (also called clock or ERC),
touch pad, or both.
I recommend a service call for this repair.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2011 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 18, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Dec 13, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Nov 06, 2009 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Jun 02, 2009 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Mar 29, 2009 | GE JKS05 Electric Single Oven
Dec 16, 2008 | GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven
Aug 08, 2008 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Nov 20, 2007 | GE Profile JKP56 Electric Double Oven
Dec 20, 2019 | GE Ovens
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: