Question about Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go ahead and do this, in case the DB is corrupted:
Format - Erases Everything: Connect your Sansa player to the computer and open Windows Media Player. Click on the Sync tab. Pull down the drop down menu underneath the Sync tab by moving your cursor over the Sync tab and left clicking on the little black arrow underneath the Sync tab. Highlight "Sansa 1GB" (wording may vary slightly), and then select "Format." - this should erase everything.
Firmware Upgrade- Erases Everything: Get the latest firmware upgrade from Sansa - it updates the firmware and erases every song in the player all at once. Note: this method doesn't work if already have the latest firmware. Go to this website and click "Firmware Updater" to find out: http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx
Posted on Apr 08, 2008
You need to open up the maintenance window and go thru the motions that you are changing the cartridges and this resets the ink levels back to full and sends data to the printer saying that they are full and the ink light disappears and it prints fine !!!
Just changing them doesn't seem to do the trick like on a lot of printers
Posted on May 15, 2009
I was having the same issues too. I followed the steps dotted all over the internet and was getting stuck in exactly the same place. No matter how hard I tried, I just kept getting the 'invalid filename' issue.
Eventually I figured it out - the way that Netgear/Virgin have blocked firmware updating is to break the filename checking page so it doesn't accept any files. What we need to do is bypass the filename checking code so that the firmware upgrade system can then handle the file, and we're going to do this by manipulating the web page using a tool called Firebug.
Here is the solution:
1) If you haven't already got it, install Mozilla Firefox 3 (there is good reason for this - I'm not just shamelessly plugging it! :P).
2) Install the 'Firebug' extension for Firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 and restart your browser when requested.
3) Navigate to your router's admin page, and fill in your login details (if you don't know them, it's likely to be the one written on the bottom of your router).
4) Navigate to the router upgrade page (the one where you select the firmware to upload' and select the location of the firmware file, like you would normally. Now, instead of clicking the 'Upload' button, press F12. This should bring up Firebug in the bottom quarter of your screen.
5) Now, click the button at the top of the Firebug panel and then click on the 'Upload' button. This will bring up the code for the upload button, where it does the filename checking. It'll look like this:
6) It looks like Netgear have actually stripped out the real checking code so it can't be used, so we'll need to fool the page into thinking everything's fine and dandy with the filename so it can update the firmware. Click where it says "return checkData();" and replace it with "return true;".
7) Finally, click the upload button. The router should now accept the file and start updating.
And hey presto! You have a non-nargled wireless router with the latest firmware!
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
ALL…. Epson & Brother Requires Genuine Epson Cartridges. !!!!!!!! How you were able to use generic is amazing. I was not able to do that!
In Purchasing Epson's CX 5400, CX4600, & CX7400 and more, I found out that Epson does not like Generic Printer Cartridges. I also Purchased a Brother. That also does not like Generic Print Cartridges. Color that should be Yellow, will turn out Green, Blue Brown, etc. These printers have a CHIP that will detect if it is Generic or Genuine. When they see it’s Generic Cartridges, it will print lines thru the words, stripes across the picture and also do a mix match with the colors.
That's what these Companies do., so they can keep selling the ink cartridges. Some Printers, are able to use Generic, and some are refillable. Some you can refill them up yourself and I heard, quite MESSY.
So I learned, thru trial and error, that you must use the ORIGINAL Genuine Cartridges for these PRINTERS. Some people say some models work fine compatible, but not mine.......
I had to replace the printer, but Epson, Lexmark & Brothers are always on sale. My Brother & Epson cost me $50.00 with Rebate. Don’t waste too much ink in cleaning it.
TRYING PURCHASING GENUINE, and see what happens? This is the only advice I can give you. If you find this helpful, pls rate me.
Thanks and Good Luck :0)
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2018 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2018 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 17, 2017 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 31, 2011 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 03, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX6600 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 18, 2010 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 11, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4100 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 27, 2009 | Epson Printer
Mar 13, 2009 | Epson Aculaser C1100 Printer
Aug 23, 2008 | Epson CX7800 Stylus Color All-In-One...
207 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!