Question about Brother DCP-8040 Copier
For error code 6E:
This means the heater temperature isn't rising fast enough.
The heater should rise at 2°C every 5 seconds.
You should first reset the code to see if the problem is just an anomoly or a real problem with the heating circuit (the halogen lamp and/or the power supply PCB). If after resetting the code the error returns, have a technician or service center diagnose which is the culprit (or you could simply replace both yourself -- if that is affordable to you).
To reset the trouble status follows these steps:
1. Press MENU *,2,8,6,4
2. The machine beeps for approx. one second and displays “MAINTENANCE" on the LCD, indicating that it is placed in the initial stage of the maintenance mode, a mode in which the machine is ready to accept entry from the key pad.
3. Now you are inside the simulation Press 01 to reset the trouble status.
4. To exit the simulation press 99.
• Pressing the 9 key twice in the initial stage of the maintenance mode makes the machine exit from the maintenance mode, restoring it to the standby state.
• Pressing the Stop button after entering only one digit restores the machine to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
Testimonial: "Cool, only took a half a day to get bcak to me and I think that's a good response time. Very detailed answer"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2012 | Brother DCP-8040 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 14, 2018 | Brother DCP-8040 All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 16, 2011 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Jan 19, 2011 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Jan 02, 2011 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Oct 19, 2010 | Brother DCP-8040 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 15, 2009 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Dec 18, 2008 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
682 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: