Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
The error is generated when you enter the wrong HDD passwords multiple times. This requires the password to be reset. The steps below should help you unlock the screen.
1. Select the Enter Unlock Password option on the screen.
2. The laptop generates an Encode Key for unlocking utilities.
3. Type 'Unlock HP ' on the screen to execute the UnlockHD.EXE file to create the unlock code in DOS mode.
4. (for example UnlockHD 12365468)
5. The command generates a password. Unlock the HDD by typing the password in the Enter Unlock Password Key box. To Get instant support Call Our Toll-Free 1-866-293-9220
Posted on Sep 19, 2018
Hopless, this is.
bitlocker or hdd lockers, hdd encryption was turned on
did you do that or the person sold it used to you did that
if yes, other person only they can unlock that.
or buy new HDD (SSD ,10x better) and start fresh,
buy and OS, install it and run , w7 up, or Linux.
Posted on Sep 16, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think you should try to remove your motherboard battery. After removing the battery you will be able to access your computer. Please try this.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
SOURCE: My daughter's Aspire One is
This password is a BIOS password and to reset it you'll need to go into BIOS and do it manually.
If the password comes up before any other loading screens then we'll need to flush the BIOS password cache, but hopefully we can solve everything by going into BIOS.
To enter BIOS hit the F2 key repeatedly as the computer boots up. You should enter BIOS after the first loading screen by Acer. If this does not send you into BIOS, try the DEL and F1 keys. You might also need to hold the F2 and DEL keys together. Once in BIOS find where you can set the password and reset it or enter a blank password as your new password.
If you can't access BIOS or are prompted for a password once you enter BIOS, try the following methods to flush the BIOS password cache:
1. Contact Acer support and ask if they have a backdoor BIOS password that they will allow you to use.
2. Send your laptop to Acer to have them reset the password manually, although this takes an undisclosed amount of time and I believe they will make you pay about $100.
3. If you don't want to pay Acer, open your laptop and locate the motherboard. On the motherboard there is a CMOS battery, if you don't know where this is use your PC manual. Remove the battery for an hour and then place it back on the motherboard. This should reset the password. After this turn on your computer and continuously hit F2, or whatever key you find opens BIOS, while the computer boots. This will reset all your BIOS settings so it may take a few minutes to open. After it is open, just exit BIOS and everything should be working properly.
Thanks for using FixYa and good luck!
Posted on May 17, 2011
Contact acer for a code. They may charge for this service.
Acer Explore Beyond Limits
Posted on Jan 24, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2018 | Dell Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2017 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2017 | Acer Aspire One Netbook
Feb 28, 2013 | Toshiba MK3259GSX 320GB SATA300 5400RPM...
Jul 24, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario SR1430NX (PS566AA) PC...
Dec 05, 2010 | Acer Aspire m5640 PC Desktop
Sep 19, 2009 | Dell Precision T3400 375W 32bit Computer...
Jun 19, 2007 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!