Question about Dell Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Error 1203 is an issue that occurs either when a cartridge is bad or the printer cartridge Slot is bad... I would request you to try cleaning the copper contacts of the both carts and cart slot in the printer and try again..
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
SOURCE: Dell Printer 924 error #1203
go to page 59 of the manual ("http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/924/en/om_en/om_en.pdf" if you don't have it) look for
code 1203 in the middle of the page. good luck!
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
The error 1203 error message on the operator panel could indicate a problem with one of the ink cartridges. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Please make sure the All-In-One is powered on.
2. Pull the control panel towards you, and then open the cartridge access door. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position.
3. Pull the old cartridges towards you, and then lift them out.
4. With the cartridges out of the printer, shut the access door and the control panel.
5. Power the printer OFF and then back ON.
6. Please check the operator panel to see if the same error has returned or if a new message has appeared.
7. If the message displayed is 1203, there is something wrong with the printer hardware.
If the message now displaying is Cartridge Missing, do the following:
1. Reinstall the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the color cartridge in the left carrier. Insert the black cartridge in the right carrier.
3. Push back firmly on the cartridges until they snap securely into place.
4. Close the cartridge access door, and then close the control panel.
5. If the 1203 message is still present on the operator panel, you need to insert one cartridge at a time to determine which cartridge is producing the failure.
6. With one cartridge in the carrier, close the access door and control panel.
7. Please check the operator panel. If the 1203 error is displayed, this cartridge is the defective item. If the Cartridge Missing message is displayed, the second cartridge is producing the failure.
8. Please replace the defective cartridge.
Posted on May 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 10, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 30, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 16, 2010 | Lexmark X8350 InkJet Printer
Jun 20, 2010 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 27, 2010 | Dell 966 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2010 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2010 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2010 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 24, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Oct 08, 2008 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: