Question about Cell Phones
There are 3 ways you can resort to remove messages. You can choose a simple way to do that.
The first method as to how to erase messages from iPhone I am talking about here is by making use of iPhone's system Settings app.
Follow these simple steps to erase messages from iPhone at once.
1. Click on "Settings" on the iPhone's homepage > Scroll down to "Messages" and click it.
2. Under "Messages" panel, scroll down to "Message History" and click on "Keep Messages" beneath to enter a new panel where you can see three options: 30 Days, 1 Year, and Forever. If you select 30 Days, messages older than 30 days will be deleted. Message older than one year will be deleted once 1 Year is selected while nothing will be deleted if Forever is chosen. The quickest way to erase messages from iPhone is to select all older than 30 days, or all messages older than a year.
3. Confirm that you want to completely erase text messages from iPhone by clicking the "Delete" button. This won't erase all messages, but it will substantially save you storage space.
4. I selected to Keep Messages for just 30 days, and reduced the storage space taken up by Messages to just 112MB! If you are running out of storage or iCloud space on your iPhone or iPad, give this a try. It is really a good way to erase messages from iPhone.
For more details of other methods, check: How to Erase Messages on iPhone?
Posted on May 15, 2019
To delete text messages on iPhone, you have 4 ways:
Method 1. How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s within the iMessages App (h2)
Notice: iMessage app enables you to remove multiple messages only by selecting one by one manually. If there are hundreds of messages, or more to delete, using it would be such a waste of time. Besides, deleting messages in iMessage does not mean removed messages don't existed any more. They would exist on iPhone 6/6s till to be overwritten. If your plan is deleting all messages at once, or permanently, please move to method two.
Deleting messages on iPhone 6/6s in the iMessage app is always the first way we would think of. So follow the steps below to make it.
Step 1. Go to Messages app from the home screen.
Step 2. Tap "Edit" button on the top-left.
Step 3. Select the messages you want to delete.
Step 4. Click the Trash Can icon on the bottom-right to delete multiple message.
Method 2. How to Delete Messages on iPhone 6/6s with PhoneClean (h2)
PhoneClean is the world's first iOS cleaning & optimization tool that is capable of clearing unwanted files from iPhone, iPad safely and easily.
1. Permanently delete text messages from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) and make sure the deleted items cannot be recovered.
2. Massively or selectively delete messages threads from iPhone 6/6s as you need.
3. Besides messages, it also helps delete notes, call history, and voicemails from iPhone 6/6s.
4. Clear unneeded junk files like app junks, user caches, large and old files, Safari history, cookies and more from iPhone 6/6s to free up space.
Step 1. Download and install PhoneClean on your computer. Open up it, and connect your iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to computer via a USB cable. Select Privacy Clean, and click Scan button.
Step 2. After the scan is over, double click Sensitive Data to view the messages on your iPhone. Choose the messages you want to delete, and then back to the result page.
Step 3. Click the Clean button to remove messages from iPhone 6/6s.
Method 3. Delete a Specific Message of One Person from iPhone 6/6s
If you want to leave your conversation intact, but simply delete a specific message from within it, follow the steps to do that.
1. Enter the conversation that has the messages you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up. Then tap More.
3. Next to each message, a small circle will appear.
4. Tap the circle next to the messages you want to delete, tap the Trash Can icon on the bottom-left to delete the individual messages.
Method 4. Delete Old Messages from iPhone 6/6s in Settings App
The new iOS 8 allows you to delete all old messages on your phone all at once.
1. Go to "Settings" app from the homepage.
2. Go to "Messages".
3. Scroll down to "Message History". There are three options: 30 Days, 1 Year, and Forever. You can choose to delete all messages older than 30 days, or all messages older than a year old.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the old messages and attachments by clicking the "Delete" button.
Note: Deleting messages from iPhone is not only an advisable way to free up space but also a good way to keep personal privacy. However, the messages are still stored on the iPhone data base after we delete them from the iPhone, when search the messages from the Spotlight, you can still see the messages. 1. So if you wish to permanently delete messages on iPhone 6/6s, not being recovered and found by others, please refer to method 2.
Posted on May 22, 2017
If it is an iPhone, here is how:
1. Go to Messages app from the home screen.
2. Tap "Edit" button on the top-left.
3. Select the messages you want to delete.
4. Click the Trash Can icon on the bottom-right to delete multiple message.
How to Delete Text Messages on iPhone 6 6s in 4 Ways
Posted on Sep 29, 2016
Testimonial: "Thanks for your help.All is now well."
I need the cell phone make and model
Posted on Sep 22, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2015 | Cell Phones
May 10, 2015 | Tracfone Wireless LG 440G
Nov 25, 2014 | Huawei Cell Phones
Oct 28, 2013 | LG Cell Phones
Jul 06, 2012 | Samsung Cell Phones
Sep 16, 2010 | Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone
Feb 21, 2008 | Sony Ericsson K300i Cellular Phone
346 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!