Question about Lands Phones
No matter what I do the handset display says "Connecting". Tried deregistering them, removed the handset battery. When I connect the battery the only things on the display are "connecting" , the battery level meter, and on the lastline there is a "--:--" and "--.--"
The procedures to deregister are, of course, specific
to each make and model number of cordless phone.
All of them are a LOT more involved than simply
removing the battery.
For some AT&T, VTech, Uniden, & GE model numbers
you might try the following:
For many AT&T models it is simple:
1. When the handset says "Connecting..."
enter *331734 [menu]
it will soon (chirp) and display "Not registered"
For many VTech models it is a bit more involved:
1. Start by taking off the battery compartment cover.
2. press [menu]
3. scroll up/down to "Settings"
4. enter * 7 8 9 0 #
5. if display reads "Test Base",
scroll to "Test Handset", press [select]
scroll to "next page", press [select]
6. scroll to "Register Clear?", press [select]
7. display asks "Confirm?" or "Register Clear??",
8. display reads "Ok" (chirps), press [ off ]
9. UNPLUG THE HANDSET BATTERY
(this is why the cover is off)
10. Wait ~30 seconds, re-connect the battery &
replace the cover
11. display reads "Not Registered"
For many Uniden models:
1. Press and hold the [END] and [ # ] keys at the
same time, after a few seconds the display reads
2. "System Reset, Deregister Handset"
3. scroll to "... Base Unavailable"
4. Handset (chirps)
5. display reads "Not Registered, Place in base..." =====================================
For some GE models:
1. press "program[mute]"
2. scroll to "Handset Setup" press "program[mute]"
3. scroll to "Deregistration" press "program[mute]"
4. scroll to "Yes" press "program[mute]"
5. display reads "Not Registered"
Once you have the handset displaying "Not Registered"
you can follow the User's Manual instructions to register
The model number for your cordless phone is shown on
a small sticker underneath the battery in the handset --
enter this number at www.manualslib.com to get a free
copy of the User's Manual if you need it.
Posted on May 14, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you are still looking for an answer on dereg of a handset, the manual says Menu - 0-0-2 then 3-3-5-OK then select the handset you want to cancel/deregister
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
One has to completely deregister all handset by pressing end and # keys together till complete de registration is shown on handset screen. if the de registration is not done as above stated method the hand set will not register will show connecting on hand set screen.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
I have a Panasonic KX-TG6700 base unit and KX-TGA670B handsets. We had a similar problem where we were no longer able to deregister the handset using the handset itself. We wanted to be able to use that slot that the broken phone was still occupyng. The solution that we found in the manual online was to hold down the intercom button for 3 seconds until the "in use" light turned on. Then press and hold the number of the extension you want to deregister until it beeps. At this point the base unit has freed that extension.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
Uniden TRU 8888Handset Reset (De-Register): 1. Remove Battery. 2. Reconnect battery while holding down "*" and "#" key. 3. Then press the right upper soft key under the LCD. 4. Press the "End" key. 5. Phone will be ready to register to the base.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
SOURCE: nEED TO DEREGISTER LOST HANDSET
The "END" and "#" key combination can be used for several purposes:
1) If wanting to use an ALREADY REGISTERED HANDSET on an alternate base, and if if the INITIAL BASE isn't available to deregister the handset:
1a) Press "END" + "#" until it for 5+ seconds (wait for it to beep)
1b) Choose the "Base Unavailable" option
1c) That'll deregister the CURRENT HANDSET so that it can be re-registered on ANY base.
2) If a BASE has a handset registered to it which you no longer want registered but the registered handset is missing or broken:
2a) Grab another WORKING handset which is properly REGISTERED to the BASE in question
2b) Press and hold the "END" + "#" key for 5+ seconds (wait for it to beep)
2c) Choose the "Deregister HS" menu option
2d) Pick the REGISTERED HANDSET # to de-register. (Every other registered handset EXCEPT THE ONE YOU'RE ON will appear in the list!)
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2016 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
Dec 28, 2015 | Uniden Lands Phones
Nov 27, 2015 | AT&T DECT 6.0 Expansion Accessory Handset...
Nov 26, 2015 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
Oct 05, 2015 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
Nov 26, 2012 | Vtech DS6151 Cordless Phone
Dec 04, 2010 | Panasonic KX-TG2770 Phone System w/...
May 29, 2010 | Vtech Cordless 6041 Phone
Jul 11, 2009 | Lands Phones
May 08, 2009 | Uniden TRU8866 Cordless Phone
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!