Question about GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Just had this microwave installed. When the counter light is on, the microwave becomes extremely hot inside.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • GE Master
  • 2,528 Answers

Pretty normal. the light generates a lot of heat. microwave is all metal, so it transmits the heat pretty well.

Posted on Jul 22, 2015

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya

6ya staff

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Should my microwave get hot underneath


Not hot enough to damage counter tops, but it could be easily expected to get uncomfortably warm. They don't have a lot of insulation in them as they really don't want the heat to build up inside the unit.

Aug 01, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

Tip

Microwaves and how they work. ­T­he microwave oven is one of the...


Microwaves and how they work.

Caption
--> ­T­he microwave oven is one of the great inventions of the 20th century -- millions of homes in America have one. Just think about how many times you use a microwave every day:


Caption
-->
­

­You're running late for work, so there's no time to fix breakfast at home. On your way to the office, you stop to gas up your car. Inside the quickie-mart, you grab a frozen breakfast burrito and pop it in the microwave on the counter. Later that day, you have to work through lunch. By 3:00 p.m., you're starving, so you grab a snack-pa­ck of microwaveable popcorn from the vending machine and pop that in the break-room microwave. That night, after a really long day at work, you're simply too tired to grill out, so you dish up last night's lasagna and heat it up in the microwave...
As you can see, microwave ovens are popular because they cook food in an amazingly short amount of time. They are also extremely efficient in their use of electricity because a microwave oven heats only the food -- and nothing else. In this article, we'll discuss the mystery behind the magic of "meals in a minute" with microwave cooking.

­A m­icrowave oven uses microwaves to heat food. Microwaves are radio waves. In the case of microwave ovens, the commonly used radio wave frequency is roughly 2,500 megahertz (2.5 gigahertz). Radio waves in this frequency range have an interesting property: they are absorbed by water, fats and sugars. When they are absorbed they are converted directly into atomic motion -- heat. Microwaves in this frequency range have another interesting property: they are not absorbed by most plastics, glass or ceramics. Metal reflects microwaves, which is why metal pans do not work well in a microwave oven.

Microwave cooking ­You often hear that microwave ovens cook food "From the inside out." What does that mean? Here's an explanation to help make sense of microwave cooking.
Let's say you want to bake a cake in a conventional oven. Normally you would bake a cake at 350 degrees F or so, but let's say you accidentally set the oven at 600 degrees instead of 350. What is going to happen is that the outside of the cake will burn before the inside even gets warm. In a conventional oven, the heat has to migrate (by conduction) from the outside of the food toward the middle. You also have dry, hot air on the outside of the food evaporating moisture. So the outside can be crispy and brown (for example, bread forms a crust) while the inside is moist.

In microwave cooking, the radio waves penetrate the food and excite water and fat molecules pretty much evenly throughout the food. No heat has to migrate toward the interior by conduction. There is heat everywhere all at once because the molecules are all excited together. There are limits, of course. Radio waves penetrate unevenly in thick pieces of food (they don't make it all the way to the middle), and there are also "hot spots" caused by wave interference, but you get the idea. The whole heating process is different because you are "exciting atoms" rather than "conducting heat."
In a microwave oven, the air in the oven is at room temperature, so there is no way to form a crust. That is why microwavable pastries sometimes come with a little sleeve made out of foil and cardboard. You put the food in the sleeve and then microwave it. The sleeve reacts to microwave energy by becoming very hot. This exterior heat lets the crust become crispy as it would in a conventional oven.




­

on May 07, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

How to change the light bulb


What kind of microwave oven is this? A counter-top model or an over-the-range microwave? Do you have a brand and model number? And which light bulb do you want to replace - the cavity light bulb, or the bottom light(s) of an OTR microwave?

If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/ronald_e6b9572cebe3ad27

Oct 19, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I need to change the interior light bulb in my Frigidaire over the counter microwave. The model # is FMV156DCA.


Good Morning Evelyn, thank you for allowing me to assist you!

Here are some simple troubleshooting tips to help replace the light bulb on your Frigidaire microwave, FMV156DCA.

    ·First, disconnect power to your microwave. This can be done by either unplugging it or at the circuit breaker panel.
    ·To release cover, remove the screw on the light cover (light cover may become very hot, do not touch glass when light is on).
    ·Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent watt bulb available from parts distributor or the manufacturer directly. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers. Bulbs larger than 30 watts are NOT recommended.
    ·Close light cover and secure with screw removed in step 2.

    I hope this information proves to be helpful. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reconnect.

Nov 25, 2013 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge spacemaker xl1400 model# jvm141obc Turntable still turns..but while making grinding sound Please help


My wife noticed a strong smell of something burning inside our home. Luckily we were home. The microwave was NOT on...and the turntable was turning and making that grinding sound. When I opened the door, the turntable kept turning....all digital lights were OFF. The microwave does not work. I am extremely angry that this unit was able to continue to grind unnoticed. If we were not home, I assure you that this would have caused a kitchen fire. The upper inside portion was extremely hot to the touch and the cabinet on top of the over-the-range microwave was also very hot. This would have easily caused ignition and a subsequent kitchen fire. I am going to report this to the UL.

Feb 10, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Where is the light that is inside the GE Spacemaker microwave?


with cord unplugged you can remove the main control panel and access to it

Aug 02, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave seems to work but doesn't heat up


HI, when the Magnetron becomes unstable, the microwave will not heat anything. simply replace the Magnetron. This device creates the heating action and it is damaged and not functional at this time.

Jun 01, 2009 | Sharp R-1870 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Light getting hot


This probably is normal, assuming the bulb(s) is the right wattage.

If you're still concerned, I would contact GE Customer Service here.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 24, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Dead microwave


You have likely blown the thermal fuse, its a small silver 1/2" pointy wire on each end and secured by clamp and normally brass crimps to the wires.
usually attached around the fan or motor area.
see this picture
http://chinafuse.en.alibaba.com/product/50391300/50098721/thermal_fuse/Thermal_Fuse/showimg.html

Jan 27, 2008 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

84 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

Poppa Maddo
Poppa Maddo

Level 2 Expert

372 Answers

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9179 Answers

Jimmy

Level 2 Expert

61 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...