The reason your phone wont charge might be because there is a problem with the battery, the charger or the charging port.
To test it if it is the battery,
Insert the battery into another phone and try to charge it for a while,
if it does not work, then it is the battery.
All you have to do is to change the battery.
To test it if it is the charger,
Plug the charger to a power supply,
Connect the charger to another phone, to see if it works.
If it does not work, then it is the charger that needs replacement.
To test if it is the charging port,
Insert a new battery, and plug it to a new charger.
If it does not charge, then it is the charging port.
Replace the charging port and it will be okay.
To replace the charging port;
- After removing your back cover and battery,
remove the four torx 6 screws you see. (When reassembling, the gold
screws go at the bottom and the silver screws go back at the top),
- With the four screws removed you can now remove the battery compartment,
- With the battery slot removed you have
access to one of the ribbons which
connects the screen to the main body of the phone. Unclip this (it fits
like a plug and socket).
- You'll now have the phone in two parts,
- Take to the lower part and disconnect the charging port and replace it with a new one,
- Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly