Question about Poulan WeedEater Hedge Trimmer 25cc Engine
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, Try the following, But make dure you can wind the spring. If not the spring is broken.
This usually happens at the most inopportune time. You go out mow the lawn, pull the rope and it comes out in your hand. Here's how to fix it yourself.
First, we'll talk about a simple rope replacement. In most cases you will have to remove the blower housing from the engine to get to the underside of the rewind starter where the rope is. We'll assume at this point that the spring is ok and you can just wind it back up again. You can check the spring by turning on the hub in a counter-clockwise direction and see if the spring gains tension. Do not try to remove the spring from its holder or you may end up having to take the mower in for service.
1. Remove the rope from around the hub. Since there is no tension, it should come right out. If you are lucky and it broke near one end, you can probably just re-use it. If it is badly frayed or too short, you will need to find a replacement at a local hardware store.
2. Attach the handle or tie a knot in one end of the rope so it will not wind all the way into the hub. You also may want to burn the rope ends to keep them from fraying and causing a problem in the future. Set the rope aside where you can grab it once you wind up the spring.
3. Wind the hub in a counter-clockwise direction using your thumb to keep it from unwinding, until the spring is tight. Then let it come back slightly so the rope hole in the starter housing lines up with the rope hole in the hub.
4. Stick the rope through both holes while holding the hub from unwinding. This is tricky because you don't want the hub to unwind on you before you have the rope secured in it. A pair of needle nose pliers or a small screwdriver or pick may help get the rope through.
5. Tie a half hitch knot in the rope after you have it through both holes. While holding the rope, release your hold on the hub and let the rope slowly pull itself back into the starter.
6. Put the blower housing back on and your ready to start the engine & mow.
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
The gas cap may be clogged.
The next time you run the trimmer and it starts to die, loosen the gas cap. If it starts running again, then you know that it's a clogged gas cap.
You may also check the air breather, it may be dirty as well.
Just let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
This is a common problem on older Poulan models. Press the primer button 10 times and pull the starter rope twice, then pull the spark plug and examine it. If the plug is wet that means gas is definitely getting to the combustion chamber. Next thing is to use a compression tester. If you do not have a compression tester but have an AutoZone anywhere near you, you can get a loaner from them. Screw the compression tester into the plug hole and pull the start rope 4 times. If the tester reads anything below 90psi, you have a bad ring and will have to take the motor apart to clean the piston and ring or replace the ring.
Keep me posted on what you find, ok? I can walk you through the procedure to replace the ring if necessary. Good Luck!
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks...I will give it a try and keep you posted"
take the spark plug out and pull the engine over with the spark plug in the wire and ground the plug to the trimmer and see if it sparks. if not flip the switch the other way and see if it sparks then you shall know.
Posted on May 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2017 | Bosch Garden
Mar 10, 2016 | Miscellaneous
Jan 24, 2016 | Champion Spark Plug RCJ6Y
Jun 07, 2015 | Weed Eater Featherlite 18cc 2 Speed Gas...
Mar 24, 2015 | Garden
Apr 09, 2014 | Wolfgang Schmuck Total Scooter
Apr 21, 2012 | Weedeater 25cc Gas Blower ()
Oct 12, 2011 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
May 24, 2011 | Garden
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: