Question about Technics SA-AX540 Receiver
AMPLIFIER MODEL SA A X540
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hi there .......my sa gx303P
These units are designed to only run the fan when necessary. If the unit is overheating, there is a problem in the detection circuit. This is a relatively inexpensive repair. If you are getting overheating when running at a low volume, it suggests that the speakers are not matched to the amp. In other words, the amp is expecting an 8 ohm load and is being presented a lower ohm load. This makes the amp work harder and generates more heat. Check the speaker wires and make sure that they are not frayed or crossing in any manner. Also, verify that the rating of the speakers is correct.
Update this with what you find.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
SOURCE: Technics SA-AX540 Receiver
It is unlikely that the display itself is faulty although it can happen. The typical problem is either the backlight is defective or the suply to the unit has a bad connection. If you can solder, try resoldering the pins on the display itself. The pins on the ends are the power and ground. I don't recall whether or not your model has a separate back light bulb or not. That too could be burned. Chack for that too.
Keep us posted,
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Have you noticed if the speakers selector switch in the front panel is set to off ? That position for the switch is only suited to listen heaphones. Good Luck.
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2014 | Technics SA-EX500 Receiver
Generally speaking, an amp protects itself from heat, shorts and overloads by refusing to turn on or stay on.
Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.
You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.
If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.
If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.
Check for loose speaker connections as a root cause for intermittent shutdown.
Feb 21, 2011 | Technics SA-AX540 Receiver
Feb 06, 2010 | Panasonic SA-HE9 Receiver
Sep 14, 2009 | Technics SA-AX720 Receiver
Dec 14, 2007 | Panasonic SC-AK24 CD Shelf System
Oct 15, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 26, 2015 | Technics SA-AX540 Receiver
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: