Question about Televison & Video
If it is a universal remote control, just try to set it with an other code stated for Sinotec TV, in the remote controls' code list. Check all the codes said there, and choose one code, which give you maximum functionality with TV. That is all to do; and is the way too.
Posted on Dec 19, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We had bought the extended warranty, so we took it back and got a new TV of a different brand. We had to pay the difference, but it was worth it. The warranty even carried over to the new TV.
Posted on Apr 20, 2007
Philips.com should have a software upgrade for your TV to fix the problem.
This is a common problem with Philips TVs and they have made upgrade software to address the problem.
Go to the Philips web site and all the procedures for download to your TV will be there. The only thing you will need to this is a USB memory stick. Download should be FREE.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
welcome to fixya!
without doing voltage checks, my best guess is this:
Plasma hpr5053 or hps5053 models will burn out a buffer board or both, there are two buffers and the Y board.
I usually change all 3 at once, but if on a budget you can try to remove one buffer and see if you get half picture (upper or lower)
this is something only a technician should attempt. the boards cost $200 each (buffers)
$300-$400 (Y board).
if you actually get half a picture the Y and one buffer are good, a bad buffer usually burns out the Y board. and in really bad cases the panel is bad also (not common, but possible)
For part#s , specific help you can post a model# , but again this is a repairmans job not something the average customer can fix.
hope this helps
I’m happy to help further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/eric_ab7c09ec01841771
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Testimonial: "thank you sounds greek to me and costly but I guess I have to do what I have to do-----have you ever heard of a video IC board?"
Change batteries.Reboot everythings.Tv unplug,replug couple mins later.Ur Directv box,push off/on for new update software.After that sould work.Rate me after u done this.
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2017 | Televison & Video
Mar 03, 2017 | Televison & Video
Nov 29, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jul 17, 2012 | LG 50PC3D 50 in. Plasma Television
065 584 615 037 245 476 516 292 318 236 398 244 100 118 060 088
Follow the steps below
1. Select any channel on the TV.
2. Point your Sky+ remote control away from the TV and press the tv button.
3. Press and hold down the Select and red buttons simultaneously on the Sky+ remote control until the red light at the top of the Sky+ remote control flashes twice.
4. Input the 3 digit number from the Sky+ remote control codes then press the Select button. The red light at the top of the Sky+ remote control should flash twice.
5. Point the Sky+ remote control at the TV and try the volume button.
If this works try the other TV functions.
If these work then the correct code has been selected.
It's important to note that not all TV functions will be supported by the Sky+ remote control e.g. Picture in Picture.
If all functions do not work correctly, then repeat steps 1 - 3 and work through all the relevant 3 digit numbers from the Sky+ remote control codes, until you find the code which supports all or as many of the TV functions as possible.
Please note: In order to operate both your TV and Sky+ with your Sky+ remote control, you will be required to switch modes e.g. to switch on your TV from stand-by, you would need to press "TV" followed by the "Stand-by" button. Then to change channel on your Sky+ you would need to press the "Sky" button followed by the "TV guide" button.
Aug 30, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
1. Hold down MENU on the remote and VOLUME DOWN on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN buttons on the TV its self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
4. Hold down GO BACK on the remote and MENU on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
5. Hold down EJECT on the front of the TV and the MENU button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
Depending on the model, one of the methods should unlock the V-chip. Now, if desired, you can change the settings on the V-chip by going to the MENU and going to PARENTAL CONTROLS, or on some sets, going to MENU and then going to TV SETUP, then to V-CHIP SET.
If you have the original remote (RC-A07) for Sinotec tv, then press and hold down the Music button for about 10 seconds
Aug 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 19, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video
Mar 14, 2011 | Protron PLTV-32 Television
Nov 07, 2010 | RCA 20F511T TV
612 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: