Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
<Ink absorber counter resetting>
Reset the ink absorber counter (to 0%) when the ink absorber is replaced, or after the logic board is
1) In the service mode, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times to enter the ink absorber counter resetting
2) In the ink absorber counter resetting mode, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s)
according to the kind of ink absorber whose value should be reset to 0%.
Time(s) *1 Ink absorber
0 times Main ink absorber (0%)
1 time Platen ink absorber (0%)
2 times Both the main and platen ink absorbers (0%)
3 times or more Press the ON/OFF button to return to the ink amount resetting mode.
3) Press the ON/OFF button to specify the ink absorber whose value should be reset to 0%.
4) After the ink absorber counter is reset, the counter value is printed automatically.
("D=000.0 Ps=000.0" is printed at the top left of the paper.)
*1: According to the number of times the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights as follows:
- Odd number of times: Alarm LED lights
- Even number of times: ON/OFF LED lights
Posted on Nov 03, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Not easy for most people to replace or clean ink pads, but this will reset
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.
(Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
SOURCE: canon ip2000 reset ink absorber
Waste Ink Counter Reset:
Step 1: Manual for Service mode
1. Unplug power and USB.
2. Open door and hold power button.
3. Connect power.
4. Close door, then release power button.
step 2 : Software for Permanent
1. Reconnect the printer cable.
2.Open General Tools software and select (USB PORT)
3 .Choose (SET DESTINATION 1) And it should be reset.
"After service mode Pls use software for permanent reset"
Hope that helps! Should you have any further questions,please feel free to post them here.
P.S. - If you find that the solution/answerI provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa!rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP760 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 03, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 08, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Sep 15, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 29, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Aug 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Dec 20, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX6600 All-In-One InkJet...
2,052 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: