Question about HP Compaq Presario V5000Z Notebook
I already have the new parts
1) Hinges supplied on ebay at about £15 a set. Non original parts seem fine.
A mini screwdriver set of decent quality with a magnetic feature helps & Duck (duct) tape.
2) Switch off and remove from mains source. Also flick battery holding switch and push out main
battery. Remove small Phillips screws under battery.
3) You can try the 'quick' method and not undo the whole of the base screws BUT be very careful
as you work not to damage the 2 sets of wires passing through the LH and RH hinges.
4) Pry off the long back top cover near hinges which has the start button on it and 'Presario' written
on. You do this by pushing from front just under F2 F3 SCROLL and PAUSE keys as well as from
the back. If you hold the keys down as you pry this helps. Use a thin blade of driver but be careful
not to split the thin plastic. TAKE YOUR TIME - BE FIRM BUT DON'T FORCE. Work round it
and it will eventually pop out upwards.
5) You have now access to the hinge cover(s) so remove these and also offending hinge(s) from main
Don't let the lid sprain the hinges even further or break as existing good one! A temporary
hinge of Duck taping lid to base may help.
6) Take out the little grey rubber plugs from the screen side of the lid. They can be stuck back after.
Unscrew silver phillips screws (6 or 8 I think).
7) The plastic front of lid should now pry off and whole top opens up to reveal the side hinge
fastening. Unscrew little black screws and keep safe. Then carefully extract hinge.
8) Refitting basically just reverse of above. Hinges are naturally stiff to hold the screen so open
them up to the best angle to get all hinge screws in. A magnetic screwdriver does help!
Also, if both hinges have gone do one THEN the other to avoid pulling the lid cables too much.
I did mine, hinges fine and laptop still works!
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Purhcase hinges for presario v5000, you can go to: http://battery-adapter.com/product_info.php/products_id/3369
Posted on May 05, 2011
What part do you want to replace
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2013 | Yamaha Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 02, 2011 | Compaq Presario V5000 Laptop AC Adapter...
Sep 15, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V5000 V5100 V5200 V5300...
Sep 30, 2009 | Compaq Presario 1.8GHz Mobile AMD SempronT...
Aug 04, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M40-S417TD Notebook
Apr 09, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V5000T Notebook
Nov 20, 2008 | Compaq Presario 2170US Notebook
Oct 05, 2008 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: