Question about APC Power Saving BackUPS Pro 1300
Error code f04 shows on screen unit shuts down computer without going to battery back up.
F04 indicates that "Clamp Short" it could be anything, but the word "clamp" reminds me of a varistor / MOV, which is the component that clamps short when there is a voltage surge condition and comes back to its normal state, an open circuit, when the voltage surge is gone. Sometimes it clamps short for good when it is hit by a large surge or just by absorbing and shunting to ground many small surges.
You can brain dead the UPS to check if that resolves the issue. This brain dead test helps to reset the internal circuit of UPS.
1. Disconnect any attached load.
2. Turn off the UPS
3. Unplug the UPS from the wall socket.
4. Disconnect the UPS internal battery.
5. Push and hold the "On" button on the UPS for 5 seconds.
6. Reconnect internal battery.
7. Plug UPS in to known good power source.
8. Turn the UPS ON.
If the same issue remains even after brain dead then you have to replace the UPS. This UPS comes with 3 years of warranty, if it is under warranty you can contact APC support at 800 555 2725
If the UPS is out of warranty then you can participate in APC Trade-UPS program. APC has Trade-UPS program where in you can trade your old unit and get a new unit with great discount. You will also get a return shipping label to ship the trade-in unit to us. You can refer to the below mentioned URL.
Posted on Mar 13, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Turn it off and unplug it from the wall.
Open it up and make sure that the red and black wires are connected.
If they are the battery needs to be replaced. They are only good for 2-3 years. If you are not comfortable with my instructions, call APC for free support. (800) 555-2725
Vote for this solution if it helps.
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Here is an answer I got from APC when one of my client got the same problem as you did:
The error message would pop up if the link between the computer and the UPS is weak. I cannot rule out a problem with the cable or the UPS. In order to confirm the same please try the following steps which might help :
1) Ensure that the USB cable is properly connected to the USB port of the computer.
2) If the PC was powered on before the UPS, communication will not be achieved until you disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to the host. In this case, you need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to establish communication.
3) Some other software is polling your USB port for another device, thus causing the UPS software to temporarily lose communication with your UPS. If this is the case, you would need to shut down that application.
4) If you have any other USB devices connected to the PC, disconnect them and then try plugging in the cable.
If the issue persists, please visit the following link which lists few troubleshooting steps :
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
i think by replacing the battery has not been the solution to the problem
u need to check the battery charging voltage when turned ON with main electricity, if no voltage present from charger, there is no question of battery getting charged and also once the battery is down with charge it may not re charge hence the indicator and alarm.
recomended to nearest service centre
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
With a 980watt load the run time is only 7 minutes on a brand new battery. If you have the system on full load your run time will be much less and it has likely damaged the battery. here is the APC web site page for your model. If you are running that much equipment I think you need either a bigger UPS or another 1500 and spread the load out.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Sep 11, 2016 | Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing...
Jun 19, 2015 | APC Computers & Internet
Mar 19, 2015 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Aug 23, 2010 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2009 | APC BR1500LCD UPS System
14,220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: