Question about Mr. Coffee ISTX95
I have a Mr. Coffee ISX46 and the water and coffee grounds are pouring over the top of the filter basket and barely at all out of the bottom. I tried to re-position the carafe but nothing seems to work. I have to keep shutting it off and helping it drain... Please help.
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Note: Some coffee makers define as little as 5 oz as a cup.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2012 | Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-Cup Coffee Maker
May 18, 2011 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
Feb 24, 2011 | Bunn A10 Coffee Maker
Jan 04, 2011 | Bunn VP17-1 Coffee Maker
Mar 06, 2010 | Bunn BT10B Coffee Maker
Mar 05, 2010 | Bunn VPR Coffee Maker
Nov 04, 2009 | Bunn NHB Coffee Maker
Oct 05, 2009 | Bunn VPR Coffee Maker
Jun 11, 2009 | Bunn 10 Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Nov 14, 2012 | Mr. Coffee ISTX95
Jun 02, 2010 | Mr. Coffee ISTX95
573 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 1 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: