Question about KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
The microwave has been broken for some time now, I was just not able to change out the 3 switches in the door and also changed the 20amp 250V fuse installed it on the wall and tested it out with a cup of water for a minute and it will not heat up. I hear a clicking sound coming from the control panel. It will click every 15-20 seconds. What could it be?
Posted by Anonymous on
The clicking sound would probably be a realy on the Circuit board. Do you have it set on Full power?? If it is set on a lower power setting the relays will open and close to try to regulate the cook power.
Posted on Oct 04, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
there are 4 things that you can check if you are able to do some electrical tests the diode the capacitor the hv filter capacitor and the magnetron .This is extremely dangerous to work with this high of an amount of electricty and if you are not familiar with these tests i do suggest you call a techncian click here to find how to discharge the capacitor http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/safety.html#dischg
first thing to check would be to see if the microwave is fitted with a fuse this is one of the most common problems for the ones that do have fuses some models do not come with the fuse so if you dont see one dont worry about it .open the casing of the micro wave and look at the rear right for the hv diode it is located next to the power supply and is identified like in the following link http://www.donberg.ie/pics/s/scl_11z-2.jpg. check the diode for any physical damage like a crack , bulge , burst or burned smell this would be a common issue if this were the problem as well to test set a multimeter to resistance at 10k ohms a normal diode should read 50-200k ohms. Next component to check is the HV Filter Capacitor. This component is a big circular steel tube on the board/mounted near the HV diode MAKE SURE YOU DISCHARGE THE CAPACITOR FIRST. Set your multimeter to the highest available setting when connecting to your test the test should read infinite. The reading should go to almost zero and then go back to infinite.also inspect the capacitor for any bulges leaks or cracks or a strong burnt smell these capacitors are made to fail .If neither the diode the capacitor nor the fuse(if you have the fuse) is faulty then you would have by process of elimination end up at the magnetron you can find the magnetron at www.marcone.com under contact us there is a 1800 number and you can find the diode and the capacitors at any electronics supply if you have any further questions message me back and please remember to rank how this opinion has helped it allows me to help others in the future in similar situations Thanks Rick
Posted on Feb 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Aug 15, 2011 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Apr 06, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Aug 28, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Jul 20, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Dec 12, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Oct 07, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Apr 17, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: