Question about Abit KN9-SLI Motherboard
Have just installed pre used abit KN9 and boot fails. I get alternate note beep code continually then tries to start but shuts down.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Beep by motherboard are due to hardware problems. It's either the hardware is problem or it's not properly connected. Try check your RAM or graphic card weather it is fix properly. And also try to check your jumper connector. Sometimes one of the jumper connector may be damage and create the beep sound.
Posted on Sep 20, 2008
Hi had similar problem today, 1 long 4 short beeps - so not exactly the same.
I ended up resetting the CMOS - and this fixed my problem.
Hope that helps!
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
I still did not find beep code that match your problem..
Anyways here are the common beep codes for your motherboard.. it might help you too.
1. No beep - no reaction, the mother board is dead, power supply problem, processor and or ram problem.
2. 1beep - board is working fine.
3. One long beep then it shuts down - cpu problem, your processor is not working or missing.
4. 1short beep - system boots normally
5. 2short beeps - CMOS setting error.
6. 1long 1short beep - dram error
7. 1long 2 short beep - video card or monitor not connected
8. 1long 3 short beep - keyboard error.
9. 1long 9short beep - ROM error
10. Long beep - memory card is missing or not connected
11. Short beep - power supply error
12 Four beeps - there is no fan detected on Fan1 or Fan2 header. make sure to attach or reset CMOS bios to factory setting.
Hope this gave you an idea of your problem..
Much appreciated if you rate this help..thanks..
Posted on May 24, 2010
F.O. code points to button reset? This one is beyond me, suggest you see if the reset button is sticking on and causing it not to boot ( try bypassing this and the power switch and fabricate a switch to power the board on)
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2011 | Abit AI7 Motherboard
Mar 05, 2011 | Abit NF8-V Motherboard
Jan 01, 2011 | Abit AG8 Motherboard
Dec 02, 2010 | Abit KN9-SLI Motherboard
May 23, 2010 | Abit AV8-3rd Eye Motherboard
Jan 14, 2010 | Abit KN9 SLi Motherboard
Oct 30, 2009 | Abit IC7-G Motherboard
Oct 14, 2009 | Abit KN9 Ultra Motherboard
Jul 30, 2009 | Abit KN9-SLI Motherboard
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: