Question about Thomson Audio Players & Recorders
Posted by Anonymous on
My Thomson 6728 keeps showing ! Profiling requires 20MB free space Shutting Down
Posted on Aug 07, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I'm hoping to ficx ur problem. Ibeliev you might have to much loaded on yor mp3 for it to even startup completely, so I've tried to write down how you can remove a song or 2 or 3 etc to make room on your mp3 memory. This might resolve yyour problem.
Try hooking it up to a computer throught the usb cord, then click start (just close any windows that open up), then click 'my computer', a window will apper listing several 'discs' for example the harddrive is usually disc (c)...One of the discs there ( (f) opr (e ) orso) will be your mp3 memory. Open all disc one by one, (you can skip the harddrive disc (c) ), till you find files that resemble the ones on your mp3..when you find those, then delet a few songs orso. When done, close all windows, remove the mp3 and try again.
I fthis helped (or not ) please rate, thank you!
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
Hi,You just need more space on your player. Just connect to your computer, back up files, then delete enough to leave 20mb. Hope this helps! Oh and for all the support for the M4304 visit this page:http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/product.aspx?product=420
Posted on Jan 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 05, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 02, 2011 | RCA Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 10, 2011 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Dec 21, 2010 | RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player
Nov 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Jan 25, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: