Tip & How-To about LG GD510 Cell Phone
What you need* LG Utils (For backing up/restoring CUST)* Win Image (For editing CUST)* Drivers* Audacity + LAME Plugin (Check the website for details)
Follow the steps below :
1. Extract your CUST theme from your phone ( Find the theme guides for instructions on how to do it)
2. Open CUST in WinImage
3. Go to LG App > Media > Event Sounds
4. Locate the file "03 Shutter Sound 03.mp3" and right-click and choose extract. (This is the camera shutter)Locate the files "Low Battery.mp3" and "Low Battery-Louder.mp3" and extract. (Battery alert)
5. Keep WinImage open, then open up the files in audacity and select and delete the audio wave, then export > save as mp3. And save it as a .mp3 and with the same file name.
6. Back to WinImage, click Image > Inject and choose the files you just edited and choose "Yes" to replace them.
7. Put the new CUST image back on your phone using LG Utils (Find the guide in the tutorials section)
8. For the Camera Shutter, go into the camera and choose the settings icon. Then select shutter sound, and choose sound 3. Now when you take a picture, it will be silent!
For the low battery, wait till your battery gets low. Then when you get the low battery pop-up it should be silent.
Hope this helps!
Posted by pabitra... on
Dec 09, 2010 | LG GD510 Cell Phone
Dec 27, 2008 | SanDisk 2GB microSD Memory Card
Feb 28, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
3,580 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!