Tip & How-To about Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
Steps how to clean scanner glass
1. Unplug the power cord.
2. Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with a mild detergent and water.
3. If the document table glass gets dirty, clean it with a soft dry cloth. If the glass is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner and a soft cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
4. Ensure that there is no dust on the glass of the document table. Dust can cause white spots in your scanned images.
*** CAUTION: Do not press on the document table glass too hard.
5. Be careful not to scratch or damage the document table glass, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scanning quality.
6. Never use alcohol, paint thinner or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components as well as the case.
7. Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
8. Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
9. Never open the scanner case.
***NOTE: Wipe the inside of the document cover and the scanner's document table before scanning transparencies.
Posted by Edgar... on
Sep 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 14, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Feb 01, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Aug 23, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
4,827 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!