Tip & How-To about D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
How to setup the D-Link Dir-615 Wireless Router on the Internet
1. You will need to connect your Cable or DSL modem to the Internet port on your router.
2. Connect your computer to any of the 4 LAN ports
3. Next you will want to insert the "Quick Router Setup Wizard CD" in to your CD-ROM drive. This will take you through the automated steps of setting up your router to work with your modem. Note if you have a DSL modem that uses a PPPoE connection software program you will want to uninstall it from the computer before you continue. Also you will need make sure you know the user name and password because you will need to enter it as a part of the setup for the router.
4. When the setup wizard opens you will want to click on "Install Router" in the upper left hand corner.
5. Click on the option for "Setup Wizard" to use the setup wizard.
6. Click "Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard" to start to setup your LAN settings
7. Click "Next" to continue.
8. At this point you will be asked to create a new password. After you entered a new password click "Next".
Note it is important to setup a password at this point especially if you plan to setup a wireless network so no one will be able to gain access to your router settings.
9. Click on the drop down menu to select your time zone and click "Next"
10. You will need to select the type on Internet connection you have and click "Next"
11. Here are the different step you need to go through depending on the option you selected above.
DHCP - If you selected DHCP then you might need to enter the MAC address of the computer that was last connected directly to your modem. If this is the computer you are currently connected to then just click on the "Clone Your PC's MAC Address and then click "Next"
Note you may need to enter a host name if this is required of your ISP.
PPPoE - This is where you will need to enter your PPPoE user name and password.
Note as a reminder if you have not uninstalled the PPPoE software from your computer because it is not needed any more.
PPTP - This is where you will need to enter your PPTP user name and password.
L2TP - This is where you will need to enter your L2TP user name and password.
Static - You will need to enter the network settings provided by your ISP
After entering the required information click "Next"
12. Click on "Connect" to save your settings. At this point your router should be rebooting. After it is done rebooting then click "Continue". Next you will need to wait 1 to 2 minutes while the router connects to the Internet.
Now you should be connected to the Internet. If you are not connected you may need to review you settings. Also you may try unplugging the power from your modem and the router. Then next plug the modem back in and let it run for about 30 second and then plug the router back in. If you still have trouble you may want to contact your ISP to make sure you have your settings right.
Posted by Will... on
Feb 08, 2012 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Dec 11, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jan 28, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Dec 23, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
3,263 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!