Tip & How-To about Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router (F5D82314)
How to setup WEP on a Belkin N1 Wireless Router F5D8231-4 v5000
1. Log into the router. To do this you will need to open your web browser and enter http://192.168.2.1
Note If you change the default IP address then you will need that address to log into the router. Normally it is the Gateway IP. You can check this by opening CMD via the Run command window. Once it is open then type ipconfig and hit enter.
2. Click Login in the upper right hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click submit.
3. Next you will click on the Wireless heading then Security in the left hand column.
4. Select “128-bit WEP” or “64-bit WEP” from the drop-down menu.
5. Next you can enter your WEP key manually by typing in the hex values in the space provided, or you can type a passphrase in the “PassPhrase” field and click “Generate” to create a WEP key from the passphrase. Click “Apply Changes” to finish.
Note a hexadecimal key is a mixture of numbers and letters from A–F and 0–9. 64-bit keys are 10 digits long and can be divided into five two-digit numbers. 128-bit keys are 26 digits long and can be divided into 13 two-digit numbers.
At this point you should have your WEP setup. When you connect your computer to the wireless router you will be prompt for the WEP key you just set up.
Posted by Will... on
Aug 19, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
Apr 20, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
Oct 22, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jun 04, 2009 | Belkin N1 Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter...
Mar 22, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7000) 802.11g/b Wireless...
2,903 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!