20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Flotec Shallow Well Jet Pump won't pump water
The tank is an air tank, it works like a cushon and accumulator.
Have you reconnceted the pump? If not fill the pipe that goes to the well with water. It should not drain down, there should be a foot valve that prevents the water from running back into the well. So if the foot valve is working it should not take a lot of water to do this.
Pour water into the suction side of the pump until the pump is as full as you can get it, reconnect the pump and start it up. Yes it does need to be primed
on May 11, 2015
No suction at pump intake
Put a vacuum gauge into the front drain plug port with the pump installed and see how much vacuum it draws. If it is low get the pump or lines repaired, if not have a well driller check the well point.
on Apr 14, 2015
Flotec 42 gallon water tank - short cycling and
These holding tanks are pre charged with air which in turn pressurizes the water. The tank has a bladder and an air valve on top. The pre charge ,over time, loses pressure, and the tank has to be pressurized again.
- The well pump needs to be turned off.
- The water has to be drained from the tank
- Air is put into the tank from the air valve on top of the tank, and is measured with a tire air gauge.
- The pre charge pressure is set to two psi below the pump cut in pressure.
- In other words if your pump kicks on at 30 psi, the pre charge pressure is set at 28 psi. If the pump kicks in at 20 psi, the pre charge is set at 18psi, etc.
- After you pressurize the tank, turn water back on.
- If water comes out of air valve on top of tank, then the bladder is ruptured and you need a new tank.
- Hope this helps!
on Sep 26, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?