20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Scanned pictures has thin blue line running through it
I had the same problem with My Espon Perfection V500. I called tech support and they had me do the following sequence.
1. Turn off the unit
2. Unplug the lid from the base
3. Replug in the lid.
4. Turn the unit back on
5. Go into the Epson software in Professional mode, Configuration, Other and select Reset All
6. Rescan the picture.
It worked after that. Of course it also lost all my preset sizes in my Custom box and any other settings I had. I suspect the lid plug is what the problem was.
Another word to the wise. To test it I put in a picture that was laying on my desk and rescanned it and was disappointed to see the line in the result. A few minutes later I discovered that this particular line was in the original picture.
on Jul 05, 2015
How to Clean Scanner Glass
Steps how to clean scanner glass
1. Unplug the power cord.
2. Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with a mild detergent and water.
3. If the document table glass gets dirty, clean it with a soft dry cloth. If the glass is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner and a soft cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
4. Ensure that there is no dust on the glass of the document table. Dust can cause white spots in your scanned images.
*** CAUTION: Do not press on the document table glass too hard.
5. Be careful not to scratch or damage the document table glass, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scanning quality.
6. Never use alcohol, paint thinner or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components as well as the case.
7. Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
8. Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
9. Never open the scanner case.
***NOTE: Wipe the inside of the document cover and the scanner's document table before scanning transparencies.
on Mar 12, 2014 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed...
Filmy appearance and spots on the underneath of glass
Today I opened my V200 without much problems. First unscrew the two screws under the lid. Then turn the V200 upside down. Lift the base plate up, gently, beginning at the back (a little twisting is needed). Take care not to force anything. It took me 10 minutes. Fold everything open like a suitcase, then clean the glass inside...
To close again start with the front (sort of click system)
on Feb 10, 2013
I bought an Epson scanner
see the power rating on the power pack adapter. Unless otherwise stated,
most come with an international standard of 220v. I bet you can find an adapter with the right capacity that fits your scanner if that doesn't work.
Hope this helps
pls rate or vote this
on Jul 05, 2011
I am scanning Kodachrome Transparency's
There are manual position settings you can use.
Make sure the film is placed correctly in the film holder and the film holder is properly
positioned on the document table.
Switch to Home Mode or Professional Mode, and preview with the Normal Preview. In the
Preview window, create marquees on the area you want to scan, and then scan.
Also...if all else fails
Try rotating the slide 90 degrees, you can always rotate the saved image afterwards.Ditto flipping over to the other side
.I hope I have been of help but please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
I appreciate your vote if you appreciate my reply.
on Feb 26, 2011
Scanning from Photoshop it send me directly to the
Does your computer notice / detect the scanner? if it does not, then the power supply might not be working or it might not be plugged in, you might need a new powersupply or then the scanner itself might have a fault that prevents it from starting up, try unplugging it for a while and see if it helps, also make sure that the power adapter is the one ment for this scanner, a different adapter that doesn't give out exactly what the scanner requires might damage it.
A new basic scanner doesn't cost much, so replacing parts on this one might be more costly than buying a new one.
on Dec 06, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?