20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Boss RC-3 does not power on
Most likely the device has been incorrectly powered. The most easy way to check this is the following:
- unscrew the 4 screws on the RC-3 bottom
- slide the board out from the connectors holes
- gently detach all the connectors and wires coming to the board
- locate the schottky diode (SS14) close to the power input connector
- check if the diode is short
- replace the diode if it is
- if this does not solve the problem probably also the capacitors in the power section are shorted.
Message me for further info
Roland Boss RC-3...
on Jan 14, 2013
Boss rc 3
It seems that when you engage the recording mode, the RC 3 draws too much power and resets itself. Does it work on battery power? If so, then I'd check the power connector for good fit and for corrosion, and I'd check the adapter for proper voltage, polarity and current. Do you have a "PSA series" AC adapter? If not, then check the fine print on the adapter you have for Output, and make sure it's 9V and also that it says 100mA or higher. The Boss PSA can output 500mA and can usually drive 5-6 pedals with the right breakout cable. And I suppose you already have this, but just in case you want to RTFM: Boss RC-3 Manual.pdf
on Dec 03, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?