20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I am trying to connect
To resolve the error, make sure your printer is connected to your computer either with a USB cable or through a wireless network.
If your all-in-one printer is connected through a wireless network:
- Open System Preferences.
- Open the Print & Fax from the Hardware section.
- Click the +.
- Highlight your all-in-one printer in the Bonjour list and click the Add button.
If your all-in-one printer is connected with a USB cable, the printer should be added automatically. If the error continues after connecting the USB cable, make sure:
- USB cable is connected securely to the printer and computer
- Printer is connected directly to your computer, and not through a USB hub or other device
- You are using a USB High Speed 2.0 cable and the distance between printer and computer is less than 1.8 m (6 ft).
If the error continues:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the back of the printer; make sure it is securely connected.
- On your computer, open System Preferences, then select Print & Fax from the Hardware section.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer.
- Monitor the Print and Fax window; when the computer detects the printer it will appear in the printer list.
- If the printer does not appear:
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- If the error continues, use a different high-speed USB 2.0 cable.
NOTE: You can test your USB cable by connecting another USB device to your computer using the USB cable.
on Feb 15, 2011
Dead print head
the reason why the printhead is going bad is because this was a problem with the printer since it was launched since day one all tech support will do is replace the print head but if u call them and ask them to escalate the case to a manager and you need to act very irate then maybe and just maybe you should get a refund.
the printhead keep rubbing against the bottom of the carriage in this printer causing the contacts to wear off really fast and thats the problem ur facing ,it was one factory faulted printer that was launched
on Oct 20, 2010
Kodak 5500 All In One Printer set up problem
If you are getting a 'carriage jam' error as soon as you turn on your Kodak printer with no tasks in progress, then check for any piece of paper stuck in the carriage. Remove the paper carefully. If the paper tears, part of it might remain inside the paper path and damage the product.
Fix 'Carriage Jam: Open Door, clear carriage jam, and then press OK to continue' error message
Turn off the printer and open it to see where the paper is stuck. Manually move the carriage toward the opposite side. Check the paper path and remove any piece of paper or any other object that is stuck in the path. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.http://www.fixya.com/support/t2952766-kodak_all_in_one_printer_paper_jam
on Sep 28, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?