Connecting the Camera to the PC
Set the camera’s power/mode switch to OFF.
• When the USB cable is connected, turning on or off the camera causes malfunctions of the PC.
• Connect the camera directly to the PC, not through the hub.
• Do not use an extension USB cable.
• Saving the wrong kinds of files in a recording medium or deleting files or folders from a recording medium can cause problems with the operation of the camera. When it is necessary to delete a file from a recording medium, delete it through the camera. Also, do not move or rename folders and files in the medium on PC.
• Never disconnect the USB cable while the access/charge lamp on the camera lights or blinks.1
Create a folder to back up files into.2
Set the camera’s power/mode switch to STANDBY/ON.3
On the camera, move the set lever to
\/ / /\ to select [PLAYBACK ON PC],
then press down.4
Double-click [EVERIO_HDD] or [EVERIO_SD].5
Select the folder that you want to back up, and drag & drop it into the folder you created in step 1.
Folder that contains video files. If you want to back up fi les individually, open this folder, and drag & drop folders such as [PRG001] one by one.
Folder that contains still image fi les. If you want to back up fi les individually, open this folder, and drag & drop files such as [PIC_0001.JPG] one by one. When you have finished operation
Always follow the procedures below when disconnecting the camera, or turning off the camera/computer power.
Failing to do so may cause damage to the camera and computer.
1) Confirm that the access/charge lamp on the camera does not light or blink. (If the access/charge lamp lights or blinks, wait until it is turned off before proceeding.)
2) Double-click the [Safely Remove Hardware] or [Unplug or Eject Hardware] icon in the status bar.
3) Select [USB Mass Storage Device] or
[USB Disk], and then click [Stop].
4) Click [OK].
5) Disconnect the USB cable.
6) Turn off the camera and PC.