20 Most Recent
- Page 2 Questions & Answers
5mm vertical gap dell 1720dn
Any time an imaging drum is replaced on a 1700, 1710, or 1720 model dell laser printer, you must reset
the photoconductor count. The following procedure illustrates how this is done:
1. Open the front access cover
2. Press and HOLD the Cancel Button (Red X)
3. When you see the LED's 'Chase' turn the printer off
4. Close the access cover, and turn the printer back on
5. Press the Continue Button (Green Triangle) to print a settings report
6. Under the section 'Cartridge Information', locate the item 'PHOTOCONDUCTOR COUNT=0K' indicating 'Zero Thousands'.
s now been reset, and you should now be able to print now ok
on May 15, 2014
I've had the Dell 1720dn at my desk for years. Worked flawlessly. Moved it to a different workstation and it began beeping immediately while printing. Another site said to plug it directly into the wall, instead of a battery backup. I unplugged it from the battery backup outlet, and plugged into a surge protector only outlet on the same battery backup unit.... NO MORE BEEPING. Hope this helps someone else.
on Mar 29, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?