20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I get this code
That is the fuser exaust fan. It either is running to slow or not running at all.
The board detects a current difference and reports that fault code. Really common.
The fan part number is 127K29340.
To replace it you remove the right side cover, top cover on and the rear cover. You have to take off the shroud around the fan which is only 2 screws and replace the fan.
You can try removing the fan, cleaning it well and lubricate the bearing in the center. But that never is a permanent fix. Will work as a fix until you get a new fan.
on May 31, 2019
Hi. I have a workcentre m24 and on start up it
1. Turn machine off
2. After it has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the wall.
3. Go back to the front of the machine and turn it on and then back off again (remembering to leave it UNPLUGGED from power.)
4. WAIT 60 SECONDS (Very important)
5. AFTER 60 seconds plug it back into the wall and turn it back on.
If problem persists call for service.
Hope it helps!
on Mar 12, 2019
Upon booting I get this error, A fault has
Sounds to me like you need a drum or one of the other routine maintenance items.
The way to find out is to press your machine status button, then look under supplies. You will probably find that a drum life has expired, the IBT cleaning roll or fuser life have expired.
I am sure if you look there one of those "supply" items has reached its end of life.
In the same area under the machine status , there is also a section there for active messages and fault codes. Make sure you look there. If you have additional questions please ask.
If there is an active message or fault code, e-mail me at email@example.com. Just put Xerox M24 in the subject line please.
on Mar 10, 2017
System not initializing
Does the machine have a network box on back? Frequently on that product the boards in the network controller come lose, and simply need reset.
You can unplug all accessories and see if it powers up then, then connect them back one by one and see which one causes the failure.
on Jan 07, 2016
I have a problem with
The fuser cooling fan is running slow or stalled. You can remove and lubricate it, that is about a 50/50 fix. If lubricating that fan doesnt work you will need to replace it. Common problem.
on Aug 04, 2015
How do I empty the
Better off replacing it, if you google it , the price normally is $20 or less. But you can take it out and empty it into a garbage bag, but there is a clear plastic window that must be cleaned to allow it to reset. They are pretty cheap. Google The Parts Drop. Most likely they have them.
on Jul 14, 2014
How do a forgotten admin password on a xerox 7655
WorkCentre 7655 7665 7675 Online Support Solution Modify the Printer...
Solution : Modify the Printer's Administrator Password Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS)
This solution assumes the WorkCentre is configured and working properly on the network.
- From the computer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address for the WorkCentre in theAddressfield, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Properties] tab.
NOTE:If the Login screen is displayed, enter the user name in theUser IDfield, and the password in thePasswordfield, and then click on the [Login] button.
The default username is "admin" (case sensitive), and the default password is "1111". If it has been changed or forgotten, contact Support.
- Click on [Security] to expand the list of options.
- Select [Authentication Configuration].
- Click on the [Modify] button for Device System Administrator Password.
- Enter a new password in theNew Passwordfield.
- Retype the password in theRetype Passwordfield.
- Click on [Save]. This will be the new password to log into the Control Panel and CWIS.
Solution : Modify the Default Admin (Tools Mode) Password on the WorkCentre
The Admin (Tools Mode) password allows access to configure network and machine settings on the printer.
Xerox recommends only changing the default Admin (Tools Mode) password if absolutely necessary. If the password has been changed from the default password (1111) and has been forgotten, a service call is required to reset the password.
To change the default Admin (Tools Mode) password:
- Press the [Log In / Out] button on the Control Panel. The Log In window will be displayed. See theRelated Itemsbelow for additional information regarding logging into the WorkCentre.
- Select [Security Settings] on the left side of the screen.
- Select [Authentication] from theGroupscolumn and then select [User / Administrator Accounts] from theFeaturescolumn. The User Administrator screen will be displayed.
- Select the [Account #] field, and then select account number 1 using the keypad on the Control Panel.
- Select the [Configure Account] button. The Configure User Accounts screen will be displayed.
- Press the [Clear C] button (several times, as required) on the Control Panel to clear the old password.
- Enter the new password using the keypad on the Control Panel.
- If necessary, place a check mark in the [System Administrator (Admin)] and [Account Administrator] check boxes, and then select [Save Account].
- Select [Close].
- Press the [Log In / Out] button on the Control Panel.
- Select [Logout] on the Touch Screen.
on Jun 16, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?